I heard from someone that carrot halwa could be used as a filling for bobbatlu. I really didnt try that. Anyway, When I heard about carrot, I thought why not squeeze in beetroot , and then I had some left over mango from making mango rice and coconut powder is always handy and I like to add Cashew and Almond powder to most of the sweets for that 'extra' nutty taste. And so I thought I should make it for Ugadi and here I am fully satisfied with the finished product because I have none left for the day ..



Ingredients -

Grated Carrot 1 cup
Grated Beetroot 1/2 cup
Grated Raw Mango 2-3 Tbsp
Grated Coconut 2-3 Tbsp
Brown sugar or Jaggery powder 1 cup
Cashew and Almond Powder 2-3 Tbsp
Milk 1/4 cup
Ghee 2 Tbsp
Whole wheat flour 2 cups
Salt


Method of preparation -

For the Filling-



In a non-stick skillet, add 1 tsp of ghee and fry the grated carrot, beetroot, mango and the coconut for 4-5 min until the raw smell goes away.

Add the Cashew and Almond Powder and mix well.

Add the brown sugar and sprinkle the milk.

Mix well and turn off the heat as it is ready to be filled.


For the bobbattu -


In a mixing bowl, knead the whole wheat flour with water or curd with a little salt into a dough and keep it aside for 10-15 min.


Divide the dough into equal parts and roll out small chapatis.


Put in a spoonful of filling in it and close it to roll out a bigger chapati. (The ones I made were 4-5 inches in diameter)


Repeat for the rest of the dough and enjoy!!


If the filling remains, I like to eat it without anyone noticing...do you mind???;)

Serves 3 Adults (makes 12 nos)

Preparation Time 40 min

Preparation Time 45-50 m

3 comments

  1. Vinula Says:
  2. Harini/Jaya,

    Great job guys. Will try some of them soon enough.
    Vinula

     
  3. Suma Gandlur Says:
  4. I think I would just eat that healthy, delicious filling. :)

     
  5. Harini R Says:
  6. Thanks Vinula.Do let us know how they come out!

    @Suma - Me too :-)

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory