My friends invited me for dinner last week and I was wondering if I could make a dessert for them. I had some leftover condensed milk from a previous experiment which turned out bad. I wanted to use it and so I waded through my fridge and found enough carrots to make halwa out of it. For me, no one made Carrot Halwa like my mom. I started grating the carrots wondering if I could match her. This version is probably the simplest way to make carrot halwa.




Ingredients -
8 medium sized carrots (grated)
1/2 a tin condensed milk (approx)
2 Tbsps Ghee (clarified Butter)
Cashews, for garnish (Roast them in ghee)


Method of Preparation -
Take two teaspoons of ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add the grated carrots to it and fry them till the raw smell of carrots disappears. This would take about 6 minutes approximately.

Now add the 1/2 tin of condensed milk and some more ghee to it and keep mixing it at regular intervals on a medium flame till the carrot mixture turns color and becomes a thick lump. Turn off flame and garnish it with cashews roasted in ghee.

Serve it hot or cold according to your preference. We served it with ice cream and it was really tasty. You could give it a try too!

Serves 4 Adults
Preparation and Cooking Time 40 mins

3 comments

  1. Hi Harini,
    I am first time here, i jumped from RV...You have a lovely space and nice recipes...I am following u dear...Visit me too...Carrot halwa is looking
    Yummylicious!

     
  2. Harini Says:
  3. sure shall visit ur blog too and thanx

     
  4. Anonymous Says:
  5. Hi Harini...
    One of my relatives(and probably yours too), Mallika, who resides in US, told me about your blog when she came to India recently.
    I prepared this dish for my dad who dont eat out and he felt extremely happy.

    Thanks...
    Meenakshi

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory