BM #100 Week 4 Day 1 - 

This week I am redoing a few posts of mine with new pictures. This post was originally posted in March, 2010 when I had just about started blogging.

This is one recipe my cousin, Mallika has been behind me to make. Apparently it is a regular at their place. I have been postponing it for quite sometime now. However, she got the better of me!! 


Thanks to her, we are loving this version of chutney. This is very easy to prepare and is more like a salad than a chutney. I like the fact that this doesn't need too much oil. Please note that this needs to be stored in the refrigerator after a day or two.

Ingredients -

Grated mango 2 cups
Salt 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Roasted Fenugreek powder 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Seasoning (Oil 2 Tbsp, Chana Dal, Urad dal, Mustard seeds, Jeera, Red chilli, Curry leaves)



Method of preparation -


In a mixing bowl, Add Salt and Turmeric to the grated mango, cover it and leave it untouched for about 4-5 hrs.

Add Red chilli powder and Roasted Fenugreek Powder and it well. (Alter the spice level as per preference.

Heat Oil in a skillet and add all the seasoning to it. Cool it after the seasoning is ready.

Add it to the mango mixture and it is ready.


Serve it over Steaming rice and enjoy!



BMLogo


Makes 2 cups
Preparation Time 20 min 

5 comments

  1. rajani Says:
  2. My younger brother was a big fan of mango pickles when he was growing up. So a similar version of this recipe was a regular at my place as well.

     
  3. I am drooling over that delicious chutney. The procedure also sounds really simple. Will try this version soon.

     
  4. Srivalli Says:
  5. Very interesting version Harini, must have tasted awesome!

     
  6. sushma Says:
  7. Mamidikaya turumu pachadi is one of my favorite and my mom makes it exactly how you made. Tastes so mummy with some hot steamed rice.

     
  8. Narmadha Says:
  9. we make instant mango pickle in similar way. tempering looks little different. will try this version soon.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory