Morkali is one of the many favorite items of my childhood. Food blogging has inspired me to check into my old recipes handed down by my mom when I got married! Morkali is one of them. My conversations with my cousins with whom I had a wonderful childhood, also churn out many delicious recipes long forgotten. I must say it is a very easy one to prepare and I love it for its tangy taste of sour curd! Morkali turns out very soft and is definitely an item of individual palate.


Ingredients - 


Rice flour 1 cup
Sour curd (yogurt) 1 1/2 cups
Turmeric 1 pinch
Green Chillies 2-3 (as per taste)
Onions Chopped 1/2 medium (Optional)
Salt as per taste
Seasoning (Oil, Chana Dal, Urad Dal, Jeera, Mustard Seeds, Red chillies, Curry leaves)


Method Of Preparation - 


In a mixing bowl, Add rice flour and whipped curd to make batter similar to an idli batter.


Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.


In a skillet  (I used a non-stick one, as it requires less oil) add oil (about 2-3Tbsp if using a traditional kadai) and the seasoning.


After the mustard seeds splutter, add chopped green chillies and turmeric and saute onions.


When the onions turn golden brown, add the rice flour-curd mixture and salt and keep it mixing.


It will become a gooey mixture initially but when it is done, it wouldn't stick to the skillet.


When the mixture starts turning brown and it doesn't stick to the skillet, switch off the flame and serve hot.


Note - If the curd is not sour enough, adding lime juice is optional.



Serves approx. 2 Adults

Preparation Time  10 min
Posted by Harini on Thursday, March 25, 2010

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory