Peanut chutney is a must in almost all households where Idli is made. There are numerous variations to this chutney. Some add Ginger and Garlic tomato, onion and the list seems endless. Here is how I prepare..




Ingredients -


Roasted Peanuts 1 cup
Green chillies 5-6 (as per taste)
Tamarind pulp (chintapandu/imli) 1 Tbsp
Ginger 1 inch (Optional)
Grated Coconut 2 Tbsp (Optional)
Salt as per taste
Seasoning (Oil, Chana dal, Urad dal, Mustard seeds, Jeera, Red chillies, Curry leaves, Hing)

Method Of Preparation -

Grind all the ingredients to a fine paste.

In a small skillet, heat oil and add seasoning and after it is done, mix it into the peanut paste.

It is ready to serve.

Makes approx. 1 cup

Preparation Time 8 min
Posted by Harini on Monday, March 22, 2010

3 comments

  1. Krishna(KP) Says:
  2. I thought u use Black Chillies comparing to Green chillies while grinding !! I have even tried Habenaro !! its awesome!

     
  3. Harini Says:
  4. ooph...oooph...I can't take that....:)

     
  5. Anna Streett Says:
  6. I am so excited to find your blog! My husband has been visiting Hyderabad yearly for some time and I recently went with him for the first time. Our friends made us amazing chutneys and curries! They tried to explain the recipes to me, but the language barrier made it difficult. I am so thankful to find the recipes online. Now I have my ingredient list to take to the Indian store. Thank you!

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Followers

Member Of

Top Food Blogs
Town Square Dr.5z5 Open Feed Directory Blog Blog Blog Directory