Peanut chutney is a must in almost all households where Idli/Dosa are made. There are numerous variations to this chutney. Some add Ginger, Garlic, tomato, onion, roasted gram etc. 

In my kitchen it is a staple along with idli/dosa and I am surprised some cannot enjoy idlis without this peanut chutney. Here is how I prepare even today. The original post was dated mar 2010. I have since updated the pictures and the layout.


Ingredients -


Roasted Peanuts 1 cup
Green chillies 5-6 (as per taste)
Tamarind extract 1 Tbsp
Ginger 1 inch (Optional)
Grated Coconut 2 Tbsp (Optional)
Sugar 1 tsp (Optional)
Coriander leaves handful (Optional)
Salt as per taste
Seasoning (Oil 1 tsp, Chana dal 1 tsp, Urad dal 1/2 tsp, Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp, Jeera 1/2 tsp, Red chillies 1, Curry leaves few, Hing)




Method Of Preparation -

Grind all the ingredients (except the seasoning) to a fine paste adding as much water as needed.

In a small skillet, heat oil and add seasoning and after the dals are brown and the mustard seeds pop, remove from heat and mix it into the peanut chutney.

It is ready to serve with idli/dosa.
reparation Time 8 mi

BMLogo


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#108


Preparation Time 5 minutes
Makes approximately 1 cup
Posted by Harini on Friday, January 24, 2020

7 comments

  1. Krishna(KP) Says:
  2. I thought u use Black Chillies comparing to Green chillies while grinding !! I have even tried Habenaro !! its awesome!

     
  3. Harini Says:
  4. ooph...oooph...I can't take that....:)

     
  5. Unknown Says:
  6. I am so excited to find your blog! My husband has been visiting Hyderabad yearly for some time and I recently went with him for the first time. Our friends made us amazing chutneys and curries! They tried to explain the recipes to me, but the language barrier made it difficult. I am so thankful to find the recipes online. Now I have my ingredient list to take to the Indian store. Thank you!

     
  7. Srivalli Says:
  8. Peanuts are a staple in our home and peanut chutney is like made almost daily basis. We love it with all the dishes. Yes, as you said, I love Idli more with peanut chutney. Your plate looks so yum!

     
  9. While making dosas , I normally make two three chutneys , but I have yet to tey the peanuts one , sounds very flavourful . Would love to tey the other variations that you have mentioned .

     
  10. Suma Gandlur Says:
  11. Peanut chutney tastes delicious even adding just green chillies and salt. It must be extra yummy with the addition of all those extras.

     
  12. Such a tempting bowl of peanut chutney Harini. Perfect with all South Indian breakfasts.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory