Never in my wildest dreams have I imagined that we would get addicted to Asparagus. It all started in a conversation with my cousin. At the back of my mind, I knew Asparagus is very nutritious but I have a vague memory of having tried it many many years ago and remember that we didn't relish it back then. But upon the insistence of my cousin, I decided I should give it a try and so came up with this delicious Sauteed Asparagus. Incidentally I saw Asparagus being made on the Food Network Channel with sesame seeds and lemon juice. So my inspiration comes partly from that program. 
By the way, Asparagus is a Vitamin K and Folate rich vegetable. It is also rich in trace elements, Vitamins A,B and C and in dietary fiber. When selecting Asparagus, look for firm, thin stems with deep green or purplish closed tips. They should be tender looking, neither too thin nor too thick. Make sure Asparagus is stored with ends wrapped in a wet paper towel and placed in the deep end of the refrigerator as exposure to air,heat and light can destroy its Folate content.



Ingredients -

Asparagus 1 bunch
Olive oil 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
Lemon juice 2 Tbsp




Method of preparation - 

Wash it under cold water to remove any sand or soil residues.

It is not necessary to peel asparagus but the fibrous base (about an inch) should be cut off before cooking.


Chop the Asparagus into 1 inch pieces and boil them in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.


Drain them and wash in cold water.

In a skillet, on a high flame, add olive oil and saute the boiled asparagus for 2 minutes.

Add Salt, and Pepper and toss them and squeeze in the lemon juice and watch it disappear!!

This simple and delicious yet healthy dish is one of our entries to the Sunday Snacks -Healthy snacks event hosted by Divya of DilSe.


Serves 3 Adults
Preparation Time 15 mins
Preparation Time 8 min
Posted by Harini on Tuesday, March 23, 2010

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory