Whenever I see Dill weed (Suva) in the local farmer's market, I get a strange sense of familiarity. I feel drawn towards this wonder weed(herb)!! So I googled on this weed and found so many interesting facts that I thought I should try making something with Dill. Thats when I saw a recipe called besan omlette in some blog (Sorry, I can't recollect which blog it was). Today I was scrambling in the kitchen to make some breakfast mentally going through the contents of the refrigerator. When I saw dill lying there to be experimented on, I thought of the eggless omlette and so I tweaked the original recipe by adding Dill in it. Here's how I made it..




Also one of my friends, makes rasam out of dill and she says that it is good for women during pregnancy and also postpartum. It has a very good anti-gas property and anti-colic, Also is a good source of Iron and Calcium. Tea made with dill seed is supposed to be insomnia reliever and a hiccup reliever. 



Ingredients - 

Chickpea flour / Besan 1 cup
Onion Finely Chopped 1/2 cup 
Dill Finely chopped 1/2 cup
Green chillies 1-2 (as per taste)
Jeera / Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp 
Carrot Grated 1/4 cup 
Tomato Finely chopped 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Curd/Yogurt 1 cup
Hing / Asafoetida a pinch

Method Of Preparation - 


In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and a little water if needed to make a batter consistent with a dosa batter. Leave it aside for 7-10 min 


On a hot Tawa/Pan, take a ladleful of the batter and spread it to an agreeable thickness and spray some oil and let it brown.


Turn it over and take it out once it is cooked.


Serve it with tomato pickle or peanut chutney or coconut chutney.

Makes 8 omlettes
Preparation time  20 min 
Posted by Harini on Sunday, April 25, 2010

2 comments

  1. Ms.Chitchat Says:
  2. Nice innovative and healthy dish.

     
  3. Priya Suresh Says:
  4. Eggless omelette looks beautiful and yumm!!even i had a similar experience with dills leaves..

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory