I had this huge cabbage sitting in my refrigerator and we were getting tired of eating different types of cabbage curries. Then I remembered that my sister's mother-in-law (who is, by the way, a great cook) makes chutney out of cabbage and so I made a quick call, got the recipe and made it for dinner. To give it a twist, I added a little tomato. I am glad I had this idea in mind. Reactions at home?? It is anybody's guess ..I mixed it in Yogurt(Curd) and I loved it with chapatis for dinner! 


Ingredients -

Cabbage chopped 2 cups
Tomato chopped 1/2 cup
Tamarind juice or lemon juice 1 Tbsp (Optional)
Sugar/Jaggery 1 tsp (Optional)
Turmeric a pinch
Salt as per taste
Green chillies 2-3 (as per taste)
Seasoning ( Oil 2 tsp, Mustard seeds 1 tsp, Urad dal 2 tsp, Methi seeds a pinch, Jeera 1 tsp, Hing(Inguva/Asafoetida) 1/8th tsp, Dried Red chillies 2)


Method Of Preparation - 


Heat a wok/kadai/sauce pan and add oil and the rest of the seasonings. 


After they are properly roasted, add the chopped cabbage, chopped green chillies and cook the cabbage without adding water. 


After the cabbage is almost done, add the chopped tomato and saute until tender. 


Add salt, sugar, and tamarind juice as per taste and let the mixture cool.


Grind into a coarse paste and serve it with hot rice and ghee.


Cabbage-Tomato chutney makes its way to Jagruti's 'Complete My Thali - Chutney'.




Makes 1 cup


Preparation Time 25 min 

Posted by Harini on Wednesday, September 22, 2010

1 Responses to Cabbage-Tomato Pacchadi(Chutney)

  1. Priya Suresh Says:
  2. Even i prepared a cabbage chutney sterdayn but never thought of adding tomato, looks awesome..

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory