Hey !! I am back from a 4 month long vacation ..Had a great summer and I have some interesting stuff coming up!! But first, one of my treasured recipes which was in my drafts for quite some time...

I can imagine the expressions on some of your faces because I have seen those expressions at home!! But trust me, it is impossible to find out the ingredients in the kheer even after tasting. When I first tasted Green peas kheer at a friend's place few years ago, I thought it tasted very good.  But when I enquired about the ingredients, it was quite a shocker!! The kheer was made out of green peas. Something unimaginable for me at that time. And today, I suddenly thought I should surprise my cousin who is visiting us with this awesome and rare (?) kheer. So go ahead and surprise and impress your loved ones like this...


Ingredients - 


Milk 5 cups
Green Peas 1 cup
Coconut Grated (Dry or Fresh) 1 Tbsp (Optional)
Dried Nuts (Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews) 1/4 cup
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Cashews and Raisins (Fried in Ghee for Garnish)


Method Of Preparation - 

Pressure cook green peas in 2 cups of milk.

Grind the boiled peas and all the dried nuts into a fine paste adding a few spoons of milk.


In a sauce pan, boil the remaining milk and add the paste and cardamom powder and let it simmer for a few minutes until the kheer becomes a little thick.


Switch off the flame and garnish with fried cashews and raisins and serve chilled.


Green Peas Kheer fondly goes to 'Celebrate Sweets - Kheer' event hosted by Umm Mymoonah started by Nivedita.


Serves 4 adults
Preparation Time 45 min

Posted by Harini on Monday, September 13, 2010

4 comments

  1. welcome back harini and lovely colour payasam dear..

     
  2. Welcome back Harini..this payasam is new to me but it is looking delicious...

     
  3. Simplyfood Says:
  4. Very innovative never would have thought to mkae kheer from peas.

     
  5. Priya Suresh Says:
  6. Omg, wat a creative kheer, never heard about this..

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory