While I was looking for some snack ideas on the internet over the past weekend, I chanced upon a blog where I found this recipe. Needless to say I bookmarked it and I was waiting to make these..Wholesome, healthy and I knew the kids would love these and sure they ate without any fuss. I made subtle changes to the original recipe. One - I couldn't use cheese. Two -  since the kids don't eat spicy I omitted green chillies. Three - I spread some tomato ketchup first and then spread the filling. Also I had to bake for about 13 min each side.


Ingredients - 


Mixed Veggies (Carrots, Peas, Beans, Edamame) 3/4 cup
Potatoes 1 cup
Chana Masala 1/2 tsp
Chat Masala 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Bread slices 9 
Grated Cheese 3 Tbsp (Optional)


Method Of Preparation - 


Boil and mash the mixed veggies and Potatoes. 


To the mashed veggies add the rest of the ingredients except the bread and mix well to make the filling.


Cut out the sides of the bread slices and join each slice side by side by using some water so that they overlap about 1 cm.


Gently roll using a rolling pin to make a long strip of bread. (I used 5 slices for one strip and later on used 4 slices for the next strip)


Apply tomato ketchup and then spread a thick layer of the filling on the bread strip.


If using cheese now is the time to sprinkle the cheese.


Then roll the bread strip to make a huge cylinder shape. Wrap in a plastic wrap and freeze for 30 min.

Then carefully pull it out of the freezer and unwrap and slice into 1 cm thick discs.



Layer them on a baking sheet and bake them in a preheated oven at 375F. (I sprayed some oil on the baking sheet)


I had to bake them 13 min on each side to get a crispy look and golden brown hue.
Serve these wonder swirls with ketchup or any dip of individual preference.

These swirls go to the 'Bookmarked Recipes Every Tuesday' event (sep 28 2010) by Priya (Yallapantula) Mitharwal.
Makes approx. 12 swirls


Preparation Time  15 min ; Freezing Time 30 min 

Baking time 25 min

Posted by Harini on Tuesday, September 28, 2010

6 comments

  1. Satya Says:
  2. wow they looks amazing dear ...i am glad u liked my recipe ...love the changes u made ...ur swirls looks very tempting

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

     
  3. Priya Suresh Says:
  4. I have bookmarked them at Satya's space, urs looks super perfect and tempting me to try out soon..

     
  5. Shobana Says:
  6. Very beautiful and must-try..

     
  7. Anonymous Says:
  8. That is creative. Sure my kids would like to eat these sandwiches in the different form.

    Shilpa

     
  9. Anonymous Says:
  10. Looks very tempting, would definitely like to try it!

     
  11. Mona Says:
  12. Looks very appetizing.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory