Spaghetti is one of those items which the kids love to eat at home. I like to sneak in some veggies and herbs too. I sometimes also sneak in some whole wheat spaghetti. This also makes way into my 8 year old's lunch box. Initially I was hesitant to pack spaghetti in her lunch box as I thought it would become cold and not so easy to eat. But my daughter says she like spaghetti cold. So I was relieved to note that I have one more choice for her lunch box. Here is how my kids love ..


Ingredients - 


Spaghetti 1/2 cup
Mixed Vegetables chopped 1 cup
Italian herb seasoning a dash
Shredded cheese 2 Tbsp
Pasta sauce or tomato ketchup 2 Tbsp
Olive Oil 1 tsp
Salt as per taste

Method Of Preparation - 

Boil Spaghetti as per the instructions on the package.

Boil the mixed vegetables separately.
In a sauce pan, heat olive oil, add pasta sauce and after it simmers, add the boiled mixed veggies.
Mix in some shredded cheese and salt as per taste.
Add the boiled spaghetti and mix well and sprinkle the Italian herb seasoning.


PS - I would like to change the seasonings if I were eating it, by adding green chillies, coriander leaves, coconut powder/paste either in addition to the Italian seasoning or instead of it.


Serves 1 kid

Preparation Time 25 min 
Posted by Harini on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

1 Responses to Vegetable Spaghetti

  1. Priya Suresh Says:
  2. Delicious and super filling spaghetti..

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory