Thotakoora Perugupachadi is yet another gem from my MIL's kitchen. This is something I ate for the first time after my wedding. And believe me, I fell in love with this perugupachadi/ yogurt sauce right from the get-go! The spicy taste of mustard and the creamy coconut marry perfectly in this delectable and healthy sauce. I follow this recipe to the T as narrated by my MIL and I am sure she would love it too! Here is the recipe and three cheers to my MIL!!


Thotakoora Perugupachadi


Ingredients - 


Thotakoora leaves about 2 cups
Green chillies 3-4
Coconut 2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds Powder 1 1/2 Tbsp
Turmeric 1/8 tsp
Salt as per taste
Sugar 1/2 tsp (optional)
Yogurt/Curds 1 cup (or as needed)
Seasoning (Oil 2 tsp, Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp, Urad Dal 1 tsp, Chana Dal 1 tsp, Jeera 1/2 tsp, Red chillies 1-2, Hing couple pinches)


Method Of Preparation - 


Wash, chop and boil the Amaranth/Thotakoora leaves. Squeeze out any extra water. Its ok if it is moist but not too much water.


Thotakoora Perugupachadi
Make a paste of green chillies, mustard seeds and coconut. (I would first make a powder of mustard seeds and then add in chillies and coconut!) Add thotakoora and give it a quick mix in the blender. 


Add salt, sugar, turmeric and adjust the taste adding as much yogurt/curds as needed. 


Finally, in a separate sauce pan, add oil and the rest of the seasoning  and remove from the flame as soon as the mustard seeds pop and the dals brown.


Add this seasoning to the thotakoora-curd mixture and enjoy with rice/roti!


Preparation Time 15 min 
Makes 1-1 1/2 cups

Posted by Harini on Sunday, February 20, 2011

8 comments

  1. divya Says:
  2. looks yummy and delicious...

     
  3. Unknown Says:
  4. thats a lovely sauce and healthy too.

     
  5. Unknown Says:
  6. wow, that is a wonderful looking perugu pachhadi :)

     
  7. Raji Says:
  8. This is so lovely pachadi,,healthy too.

     
  9. looks healthy and delicious dear :)

     
  10. Priya Suresh Says:
  11. Simply delicious and yummy pachadi..

     
  12. delicious pachadi!

     
  13. Suma Gandlur Says:
  14. Raitas using greens click, don't they? Somehow I could get hold of every Indian vegetable including gongura but not thotakoora in my local grocery stores. I have to go all the way to Devon avenue in Chicago, if I need it.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory