I had prepared Avocado chapati quite a few times but never got to blog about it and never got to take pictures either. The last time I prepared Avocado chapati I took a few chapatis and kept them aside so I could take pictures :). The chapatis with Avocado comes out very soft. This could be because of the fat in them. Usually these chapatis vanish before I can take pictures; they are so popular at home. This is surely one of the preferred ways of consuming avocado at home.


Avocado Chapati


Ingredients - 


Whole Wheat Flour 2 cups
Avocado pulp from 1 avocado
Salt as per taste
Chat Masala 1/2 tsp or as per taste
Mirchi Powder 1/2 tsp or as per taste
Kasoori Methi 1/2 tsp (Optional)


Method Of Preparation - 


In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and knead well with very little water. Since the avocado pulp will have some moisture, add water gradually and make dough. 


Cover the dough for about 10-15 min while the rest of the stuff is arranged.


Make about 12 equal portions of the dough and roll out rotis and cook both sides on a hot griddle/tava.


I like to store the chapatis in an insulated and serve them warm and soft with some curry!


Sending these healthy Avocado Chapatis to Suma's 'Cooking With Seeds - Wheat' .



Makes approx. 12 rotis


Preparation Time  30 min
Posted by Harini on Friday, March 11, 2011

13 comments

  1. a favourite chapati I find it healthy too delicious additions

     
  2. divya Says:
  3. OMG,it looks gorgeous and so so so yummy,

     
  4. Unknown Says:
  5. YUM YUM YUMMY! the thali looks great!

     
  6. Simplyfood Says:
  7. Avocadao in roti thats new to me. It sounds really healthy.

     
  8. Unknown Says:
  9. innovative and healthy

     
  10. Anu Menon Says:
  11. I got this recipe frm my frd D @ ddskitchen.wordpress.com and then I made it. I've been hooked ever since. I havent tried it with any masala though :) will try!




    http://myonlyfacade.tumblr.com/archive

     
  12. Priya Suresh Says:
  13. Chapathis looks super soft..

     
  14. wow that looks so innovative and soft chapatis

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

     
  15. looks perfect and soft dear :)

     
  16. Veena Says:
  17. sounds good. i hv never tried avocados before, this may be a good starting point.
    www.tastefullyveggie.blogspot.com

     
  18. Suma Gandlur Says:
  19. They are soft and delectable. I get them occasionally for making rotis.

     
  20. amsa Says:
  21. Very Very Nice. Me and my family enjoyed the Avocado Chappathi.

     
  22. Krithika Says:
  23. very nice...of late, i am trying to include avocados in my diet and this is a good one..will surely try!!

    www.foodieworkz.blogspot.com

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory