After successfully baking Chocolate Chip Cookies with All Purpose Flour (Maida), I had a nagging feeling of guilt that such tasty treats had to be made with Maida. So I was looking for some whole wheat flour options when I came across this recipe. As the kids were pestering me for more chocolate chip cookies, I took this route of whole wheat flour with the addition of apple sauce. The kids and their friends sure loved this version too and so this would now replace the other version! Here is how I baked these cookies this time around..


Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients - 


Whole Wheat Flour 2 cups (I Used Annapurna Atta from the local Indian Stores)

Baking Soda 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Sugar 3/4 cups (I used Raw sugar. The original recipe called for Brown sugar)
Butter  3/4 cups 
Hot Water 3 Tbsp
Applesauce 4 oz  or 1/2 cup  or vegetable oil (I had Cinnamon flavored applesauce so used it)
Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
Semi sweet Chocolate Chips 1 cup (The original recipe called for 2 cups but my kids don't like too many chocolate chips)


*I felt that the dough was a little buttery. Would it be better to reduce the butter? (hmm.. gotto check that though!!)


Method Of Preparation -


In a mixing bowl, combine hot water, sugar, butter, applesauce and vanilla extract. Mix well so that the sugar melts.


In another mixing bowl, whisk the wheat flour, baking soda and salt.


Slowly add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture stirring slowly to form a stiff dough. Fold in  the chocolate chips.


Preheat the oven to 350F and prepare the cookie trays by lining with parchment paper.


Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies


Pinch a small lime sized portion of the dough and press between your palms to make discs about 1 1/2 inch in diameter (Or whatever size suits you). Alternatively scoop a tablespoon of dough onto the cookie tray and gently flatten them.

Arrange the discs on a lined baking sheet at least an inch apart.

Bake for 8-10 min or until they are slightly brown.



Sending these yummy cookies to Suma's 'Cooking With Seeds - Wheat' .




Also Linking to Torviewtoronto's 'Food Pallette Series - Brown'.



Preparation Time 10 min + Baking Time 8-10 min
Makes 32 cookies

14 comments

  1. aipi Says:
  2. Yummy eggless treats..beautifully presented!

    US Masala

     
  3. perfect and lovely cookies.

     
  4. Priya Suresh Says:
  5. Scrumptious cookies, looks prefect and tempting..

     
  6. Looks absolutely mouthwatering ...lovely color..
    Sanyukta
    http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/

     
  7. i like this healthy version thank you for linking delicious

     
  8. divya Says:
  9. Wow that's soo fantastic...yummy!

     
  10. Samira Says:
  11. Hi Harini, I would like to share the Sisterhood Award with you. Please check out http://mysonpari.blogspot.com/2011/03/yay-thats-my-first-award.html to know how to take up the award. Love Samira....

     
  12. looks perfect and yummy......

     
  13. Usha Says:
  14. Perfect cookie and guilt free as well!

     
  15. Kalyani Says:
  16. Did you use 1 cup atta?

     
  17. Suma Gandlur Says:
  18. Bookmarked Harini. These are my daughter's favorite too. She has begged me many times to prepare them but guess the time hasn't come yet. I have to try them now.

     
  19. Anonymous Says:
  20. Loved these cookies I am totally in love with it.

     
  21. MSK Says:
  22. Hii I tried these cookies... very tasty and healthy too. I would love to make them again.

    However I am just curious to know..my cookies turned out to be soft like cake/muffins not like the usual crisp cookies. I got confused whether I did something wrong or are these cookies are supposed to be soft ...
    Irrespective of the doubt i loved the taste :D

     
  23. MSK Says:
  24. I have another questions Harini ..how long will these cookies stay at room temperature ? Whats the shelf life ?

    Thanks :)

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory