Preparation of breakfast is an eternal struggle for me and I guess for many of you too, right? So I keep exploring all possible options. Breakfast being a very important meal of the day, I tend to look for high protein options and end up making dosa/idli/upma in different combinations. One such combination happened to be Semiya Uthappam. 


I had read about Semiya Uthappam long time back in a magazine but never attempted as it was nestled in my forgotten folders. Few days back when I read this post, I suddenly remembered that I had jotted this recipe and went back and looked for it and found that both the recipes were more or less the same. Thats when I decided that I would make this for breakfast and here I am with the details.


Semiya Uthappam


Ingredients - 


Vermicelli / Semiya Roasted 1 cup (I used the store bought roasted semiya)
Rice Flour 1/2 cup
Yogurt/Curds beaten 2 cups
Onions finely chopped 1/2 cup
Tomatoes finely chopped 3 Tbsp
Carrots grated 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves finely chopped 2-3 Tbsp
Ginger grated 1 tsp
Jeera 1/2 tsp
Hing 1/4 tsp
Salt as needed


Method Of Preparation - 


In a bowl, mix semiya, rice flour and beaten yogurt and set aside for about 20-30 min.


Meanwhile assemble the chopped vegetables, spices and herbs. Mix these with the semiya-rice flour mixture. The batter should be of Uthappam batter consistency.


On a hot tawa/griddle spread ladle full of batter into as thin a circle as possible and spray a little oil if needed (I don't use oil for dosa/uthappam as I use a non-stick tawa).


Semiya Uthappam




Continue with the rest of the batter and make as many uthappams as possible.


Sending these uthappams to Suma's 'Cooking With Seeds - Wheat' .





Preparation Time 25-30 min
Makes 5-6 


On another note, I am proud to display the CD art by my kids (ages 9 and 3). While I was busy in the kitchen preparing dinner on a weekend, my kids gave me a surprise!!





9 comments

  1. divya Says:
  2. Delicious n mouthwatering....looks wonderful....

     
  3. Very tempting and mouth watering utthapam dear. Looks wonderful.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

     
  4. aipi Says:
  5. Wow, that sounds delicious! What a great breakfast treat..
    The little art project is really beautiful n very nicely done kiddos :)

    US Masala

     
  6. Prema Says:
  7. very unique recipe...luks delicious...
    The lovely art and fantastic work.

     
  8. yummy utapppam....nice work by ur kids

     
  9. Priya Suresh Says:
  10. Uthappams with semiya looks super delicious..omg hugs to ur kids, wat a fabulous cd art...

     
  11. Quick n Easy uthappam!!!! Looks Delicious!!!!

     
  12. Unknown Says:
  13. looks tempting!...
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy Flavors

     
  14. Suma Gandlur Says:
  15. Love the idea of using vermicelli in dosas. I will try them this weekend.
    BTW, those beaded CDS look lovely. :) Did they do it on their own?

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory