I first encountered the unique taste of Grapefruit about 10 years back and have never liked the taste in spite of its long list of benefits.  But recently I saw this post and was intrigued and wanted to check if this would change my opinion about Grapefruit. I personally felt that the grapefruit was not too tart for my taste and so added a little lemon juice. Enjoy the goodness of grapefruit like we did!


Grapefruit Pulihora




Ingredients -

Cooked rice 3 cups
Coconut powder 1tsp (Optional)
Sesame seeds 2 tsp (powdered or as is)(Optional)
Turmeric - a pinch
Green chillies 4-5 nos (verticaly slit)
Peanuts 1/4 cup
Cashew 10 pieces (Optional)
Coriander leaves for garnish
Salt to taste
Seasoning (Oil 1 Tbsp, Chana Dal 1 tsp, Urad Dal 1 tsp, Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp, Jeera 1/2 tsp, Dried Red Chilli 1-2, Curry Leaves 1 sprig)
Grapefruit juice 3-4 Tbsp (or as needed)

Method of Preparation - 

In a skillet on a medium-high flame, heat oil, add seasoning, peanuts and cashews. 

After the mustard seeds start crackling, add green chillies, turmeric, roasted fenugreek powder and coconut powder.

Remove from fire, add this mixture to a bowl with the cooked rice and mix well with adequate salt.

Squeeze the grapefruit juice and mix well.

Garnish with coriander leaves.

Serves 3 Adults
Preparation Time 25 min

Posted by Harini on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

10 comments

  1. Sunanda Says:
  2. Pulihora is one of those dish which I can have any time.. Looks delicious..

     
  3. This sounds like a super tasty dish with grapefruit..

    http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
    Event: Healing Foods - Banana

     
  4. Suma Gandlur Says:
  5. Looks good.
    I literally had to throw it away when I brought the grape fruit for the first time. I was expecting it to be tart but it was unbearably bitter. I think may be the batch I got was not good.
    I too remember Priya's post but whenever I think of buying the fruit, my husband don't let me, because of the previous experience. :(

     
  6. Indian Khana Says:
  7. How very interesting ....looks yum

     
  8. Unknown Says:
  9. What an innovative idea, love how you have used tang in grapefruit :)

     
  10. Priya Suresh Says:
  11. Pulihora looks super delicious,i do make quite often since its turned out super prefect,thanks for linking my post Harini..

     
  12. Chitra Says:
  13. innovative thinking ,nice recipe...

     
  14. very innovative

     
  15. divya Says:
  16. OMG... What a tempting recipe.. lovely presentation dear..

     
  17. AJ Says:
  18. Love grapefruit!! Rice looks tempting.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory