I found this recipe in one of the many scraps of papers in which I had scribbled some recipes. This one looks like at least 10 years old :). I wonder why I never attempted this version of Dosa until now. 


I like that this is diabetic friendly and protein filled Dosa.
For Day 6 of BM #16, here is the simple recipe for a delightful Dosa.


Chana Dal Dosa


Ingredients - 


Urad Dal 1/2 cup
Chana Dal 1/2 cup
Fenugreek seeds/ Methi seeds 1/2 tsp
Salt as needed


Method Of Preparation -


Wash and soak Urad Dal and Chana Dal along with methi seeds for 3-4 hours.


Drain the water and grind the dals into a super fine fluffy batter adding as little water as needed.


Mix in salt and set aside for fermentation preferably overnight.


Add water to adjust the batter consistency. The batter should be pouring consistency.


On a hot tawa/griddle, drop a ladleful and spread the batter around in a circular shape quickly into a thin layer. Spray a little bit of oil if needed. (I don't use any oil as I use a non-stick pan)

After the dosa browns enough on one side, flip it onto the other side and let it cook for another 30 seconds or so and take the dosa off the pan.

Continue until required number of dosas are done. The left over batter can be refrigerated for further use.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16 .   


Also sending these Dosas to Susan's MLLA-47 hosted by Priya.
Preparation Time 25 min
Makes 20 Dosas
Posted by Harini R on Monday, May 21, 2012

13 comments

  1. delicious dosa dear....made this last week

     
  2. Unknown Says:
  3. wow, really no rice? I mean I make pesarattu, but, this looks awesome too. I think you should feel free to send it to my MLLA event :)

     
  4. Srivalli Says:
  5. I love this version Harini..

     
  6. Very inviting and deliciously looking dosa. Would love to prepare it.

    Deepa

     
  7. wow delicious looking dosa recipe/

     
  8. sushma Says:
  9. A very new version of dosa.

     
  10. vidhas Says:
  11. Yummy dosa,

     
  12. very inviting and healthy dosa,never tried with this combo...looks yummmy.

     
  13. Priya Suresh Says:
  14. Dosa looks super crispy even without rice, yummy dosas.

     
  15. Jayanthi Says:
  16. Lovely dosa and a very nice variation Harini, must try it ...so tempting.

     
  17. Unknown Says:
  18. wow very nice idea...looks like instant....nice

     
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. my Mil makes this...I learned to make it from her...tastes and definately yum!

     
  21. looks interesting!..n tempting!!

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory