Gutti Dondakaya


I have been thinking of making this for quite sometime and I was not able to make up my mind as to what filling we would like the best. After consulting my sister and her MIL, I figured out that I would have to take the risk and try out with what we favor, namely peanut and coconut combo :).


So for Day 2, Week 1 BM #18, here is how we enjoyed.


Ingredients - 


Dondakaya/ Tindora about 20
Oil 1 Tbsp
For the Filling - 
Peanuts, roasted 3 Tbsp
Coconut powder 2 Tbsp
Coriander leaves / Cilantro handful
Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
Ginger 1/2 inch piece
Salt as needed
Turmeric 1/8 tsp


Gutti Dondakaya


Method Of Preparation -


Prepare the filling - Grind all the filling ingredients listed to a fine powder and set aside.

Slit the tindora lengthwise twice, perpendicular to each other, leaving one end intact. 



I partially cooked them in the microwave for faster results. Cooking them in boiling water for 3-4 min is fine too.


Drain and carefully stuff the filling into each of the tindora and set aside.

In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil and arrange the stuffed tindora without overlapping and let them cook for about 10 min. Keep flipping the tindora so they are evenly cooked throughout.

Remove from fire and serve with steamed rice.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other marathoners doing BM #18



Preparation Time 30 min
Serves 2-3
Posted by Harini R on Wednesday, July 4, 2012

18 comments

  1. Suma Gandlur Says:
  2. Must have been delicious with that yummy filling. I too was thinking to go with stuffed tindora for next week. :)

     
  3. looks super inviting

     
  4. I was wondering how u could retain the green color of tindora..looks delicious

     
  5. Priya Suresh Says:
  6. Stuffed tindoras are in my to do list since a long, they came out super delicious.

     
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. Tindora looks spicy and yummy.

    Cuisine Delights
    My Monthly Event - Spotlight:Curries/Gravies".

     
  9. Srivalli Says:
  10. What a tempting plate Harini..must have been so delicious..

     
  11. Radhika Says:
  12. that's a wonderful stuffing Harini. Peanuts n coconuts bring out the flavor well.

    Tickling Palates

     
  13. Kavi Says:
  14. I love stuffed veggies! t hey taste so good! love this recipe!

     
  15. Padmajha Says:
  16. Not a huge fan of this veggie but the stuffing sounds yum...

     
  17. Prathima Rao Says:
  18. Loved the spices used...Looks delicious..
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

     
  19. AJ Says:
  20. Loved it!! One of my favourite veges!!

     
  21. sushma Says:
  22. Yummy dondakaya fry

     
  23. Sounds inviting and never tried tindora this way.Loved the filling,flavorful one..

     
  24. Champa Says:
  25. I do similar stuffing for eggplant. I have never stuffing tindora. Very nice.

     
  26. Unknown Says:
  27. I make this in gravy version this dry recipe sounds delicious and like that stuffing perfect as a side dish with dal and rice kada?..

     
  28. Looks fabulous! I bet it tasted heavenly with all the peanut-y stuffing!

     
  29. Anonymous Says:
  30. I LOVE your stuffing!

     
  31. Pavani Says:
  32. Mouthwatering dish.. Looks awesome. Love the peanut filling.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory