Gutti Mirapakaya Koora

Today we start yet another edition of Blogging Marathon and the second one in the new format. For this week I have chosen to blog under the 'Stuffed Dishes' theme.

These stuffed mirchis are very popular in my in-laws place. On my last trip to India, I learnt it from my MIL and finally got to try it out to my husband's delight.

For Day 1 Week 1 BM #18, check it out.


Ingredients - 

Mirchi 10 nos (the mirchis used to make Mirchi Bajjis. I used Serrano Peppers which were mild)
Oil 2 Tbsp
For The Filling - 
*Peanuts,roasted Handful
Garlic 2-3
Coconut Powder 4 Tbsp
Red Chillies 3-4 / Red Chilli Powder  1/2 tsp (or as per taste)
Tamarind pulp 2  tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
* Peanuts can be substituted by a mixture of nuts like roasted gram, almonds and sesame seeds.

Gutti Mirapakaya Koora

Method Of Preparation -

Prepare the filling - Grind all the filling ingredients listed to a fine powder except tamarind pulp. Mix the tamarind pulp to make a stiff mixture and set aside.

Wash and wipe the mirchis clean. Slit them lengthwise leaving the ends intact. Remove the seeds and carefully stuff the filling into each of the mirchis and set aside.

In a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil and arrange the stuffed mirchis without overlapping and let them cook for about 10 min. Keep flipping the mirchis so they are evenly cooked throughout.

Remove from fire and serve with steamed rice.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other marathoners doing BM #18

Preparation Time 30 min
Makes 10 
Posted by Harini R on Tuesday, July 3, 2012

25 comments

  1. That looks absolutely delicious. I am going to try it tomorrow...

     
  2. I have this even on my blog..just love these chillies stuffed wid dis..yumm

     
  3. these look amazing and filling sounds tasty

     
  4. super!!Harini I love anything and everything with mirchi...loved the recipe..wish I had chillies in my frig..never mind will surely try these tomorrow.thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe:)

     
  5. Unknown Says:
  6. Ahhaa yummm mouthwatering Harini I can finish that bowl of mirchis with plain rice with a drop of ghee yummm.Perfect...:)

     
  7. Jayanthi Says:
  8. Fire ...really looks hot and spicy ...perfect accompaniment for rice and can imagine how tasty it would be especially on rainy days.

     
  9. sushma Says:
  10. Looks delicious...have to try sometime

     
  11. Radhika Says:
  12. I have tasted it just once and loved it so much. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Bookmarked. Tickling Palates

     
  13. I can feel the spiciness from the photo itself.. very inviting dish

     
  14. Srivalli Says:
  15. Wow we love these..Athamma makes it so well..and your pictures are tempting me to ask her to make them again..

     
  16. Priya Suresh Says:
  17. Interesting and irresistible stuffed mirchis.

     
  18. Unknown Says:
  19. Spicy and yummy stuffed mirchi.

    Cuisine Delights
    My Monthly Event - Spotlight:Curries/Gravies".

     
  20. Anu Says:
  21. Nice yummy recipe..

     
  22. Padmajha Says:
  23. I would love this made with non spicy chilli.Looks so tempting...

     
  24. Kalyani Says:
  25. thats an awesome and mouthwatering dish ! I always this was deep fried, therefore avoided looking for the recipe.. Had this once at Vijayawada, and loved it totally !

    bookmarking this, Harini ! thanks for the recipe :)


    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Event : Healthy Diet - Sandwiches
    Hosting Walk Through Memory Lane – July 2012

     
  26. Pavani Says:
  27. Oh yumm.. those stuffed mirchi look spicy and delicious. Enjoy your 4th of July holiday Harini.

     
  28. Raksha Says:
  29. This is a nice and a hot recipe ;)

     
  30. Usha Says:
  31. I like anything with mirapakaya.. Mouthwatering!

     
  32. yummy and tempting.

     
  33. Anonymous Says:
  34. Hey these look wonderfully tempting :)

     
  35. Suma Gandlur Says:
  36. A treat for mirchi lovers.

     
  37. Champa Says:
  38. They look spicy. Nice.

     
  39. Lovely and Spicy! Wonderful! Harini, I will send my mail today with the entries.

     
  40. Unknown Says:
  41. Looks spicy and very tempting!!!Nice with curd rice...

     
  42. Unknown Says:
  43. Temping to try this today but my family prefers gravy consistency old suggest how do I meet gravy for this

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory