Mysore Pak

I am aware of umpteen methods of this delectable sweet which use up loads and loads of ghee. So I followed this easy to follow recipe used by Jaya (my sis) and made these melt in the mouth Mysore Pak. 

There are many variations to this sweet where they are porous and hard to bite on but then melt in your mouth. We prefer the softer bite but with the melt in the mouth feel. This is what I got when I made. Needless to say I was very conservative with the usage of ghee. In fact the amount of ghee was the one obstacle in my making this at home for years. 

This sweet is apt for any number of auspicious occasions, ranging from baby showers, pujas, weddings and any occasion you can think of :)

Check it out for Day 6 Week 1 of BM #27.

Ingredients - 
Besan 1 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup
Water less than 1/2 cup for syrup
Ghee 1/2 cup

Mysore Pak

Method Of Preparation -

In a heavy bottomed pan, (I used a non stick pan) make sugar syrup until after a one string consistency is obtained.


Reduce the flame and gradually add the besan while mixing it with the other hand. [Another variation of using the besan is to fry it in a little ghee and then sieve it to avoid lumps.]

Keep adding ghee as and when required until it comes together as a single mass and appears slightly porous.


Transfer onto a greased tray and spread it out evenly. Here I used a parchment paper and laid it on the hot mixture. I then rolled it out to the thickness I desired and cut into desired shapes.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#27.

Preparation Time 30 min
Makes 18-20 (depending on the size)
Posted by Harini R on Saturday, April 6, 2013

15 comments

  1. Love Mysore pak! Like you mentioned, the ghee is the hardest part of making this...but the taste is so irresistable :)

     
  2. love to eat this...so delicious and tempting to see

     
  3. mouth watering soft mysore pak.

     
  4. Haring, I love this sweet, would love to try it, ya the same hitch...Ghee...but on reading the recipe, I feel it's a fair amount and one can surely indulge once in a while. Super job !kudos !

     
  5. Srivalli Says:
  6. I love this version than others which uses more ghee Harini, at least you can enjoy your sweet right..:)

     
  7. Priya Suresh Says:
  8. Irresistible,melt in mouth mysorepak..delcious.

     
  9. ohh my god, this is courageous, i cannot muster any strength to make something this complicated on my own, always need my MIL around, looks fabulous

     
  10. divya Says:
  11. looks absolutely smashing!! :)

     
  12. Pavani Says:
  13. I have never made Mysore pak at home because I'm afraid that it will turn out hard and also the quantity of ghee is too much. Your version sounds doable.

     
  14. Unknown Says:
  15. They look like blocks of gold. Love the color on them. Good job

     
  16. Manju Says:
  17. All tie favorite sweet, looks perfect and seems like will melt in mouth.

     
  18. Suma Gandlur Says:
  19. They look gorgeous with that color.

     
  20. Archana Says:
  21. Love the mysore pak. Have not made them for ages.Love your presentation.

     
  22. Rajani S Says:
  23. These look picture perfect!! And that too with less ghee than the traditional version.. I really wish I could have a slice...

     
  24. Unknown Says:
  25. Appearance gives home made feel. Add milk powder will give more smoother texture.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory