Frozen Green Chillies

One of the first things I do when my husband comes back from veggie-shopping is to chop all the excess vegetables and freeze them. I found that the green chillies frozen in this method makes my life easy when I am cooking. 

This will work only for people like me who don't like to see the chillies as is in the food served. :)

For BM #37, week 1, I have chosen to blog about some Kitchen Basics and this method of storing green chillies forms part of Day 1.
Frozen Green Chillies

Ingredients - 

Green Chillies 1 cup (stems removed)
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp

Frozen Green Chillies
 
Method Of Preparation -

Grind all the ingredients and divide equally in a small ice cube tray, cover with a cling wrap and freeze overnight.

Remove the cubed green chillies and store in a freezer-safe container or a zip lock cover and place in the freezer.

When required, use one cube or as needed.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 37.

Preparation Time 5 min + Freezing time
Makes 15 mini heart shaped 
Posted by Harini R on Monday, February 3, 2014

10 comments

  1. OMG! This is such an awesome way to store the green chilies. We have a huge garden and I end up chopping almost 10 kgs (I really mean that number) every season. This method will save me lot of time and energy :) Thanks a lot for sharing...

     
  2. That is a nice way to store the green chilies.

     
  3. i was not aware of the turmeric powder addition, usually i add a bit of oil and make one large chunk in freezer and then grate it as needed but this small ice cubes chunks is fabulous idea

     
  4. Srivalli Says:
  5. That's a good one, we do it too though don't add turmeric to it..and like the moulds used..:)

     
  6. Nice way of storing.

     
  7. Padmajha Says:
  8. Really a very useful tip Harini! Will remember this when I buy them in bulk :)

     
  9. what a great tip

     
  10. A great time saver on busy mornings

     
  11. Suma Gandlur Says:
  12. I thought my husband is the only one who buys the entire shop when sent on a grocery trip. :)This storing method seems to be a great idea when you have excess chilies.

     
  13. Pavani Says:
  14. Great tip Harini. I usually freeze them as is, but grinding them makes life so much easier. Will be doing this with the next load of mirchi.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory