Lemon Sevai

For Week 3 of BM #41, I chose to put up a few recipes under the theme of 'Noodles'. I shall feature some very interesting breakfast recipes using the South Indian Noodles, called Idiyappam/Sevai.

So for Day 1 it is going to be these yummy Lemon Sevai. I have some very nice memories of a classmate who became one of my very dear friends. She had introduced me to Lemon Sevai and used to get some specially packed for me. 

But unfortunately I have lost track of her after the class was over. Here it is for you, my dear friend, Srividya. I hope you are leading a happy life in whichever part of the world you live!! 


Ingredients - 

Idiyappam 2 cups (I used ready made one)
Salt as needed
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies, slit as needed
Lemon Juice as needed
Seasoning (Oil 1 Tbsp, Mustard seeds 1 tsp, Urad dal 1 tsp, Chana dal 1 tsp, Peanuts handful, Curry leaves few, Asafoetida a pinch)
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves 

Lemon Sevai

Method Of Preparation -

Cook the ready made idiyappam in boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside.

In a pan, heat oil and add the rest of the seasoning ingredients. After the mustard seeds pop, peanuts are golden brown, add the green chillies and turmeric.

After the green chillies are sauteed for a minute, add salt and the drained idiyappam. Mix well gently and remove from fire. Squeeze the required amount of lemon juice and mix.

Serve it as is for a delightful breakfast! (I can eat this at any time of the day!)

Preparation Time 15 min
Serves 3-4
Posted by Harini R on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

12 comments

  1. Sarita Says:
  2. Looks very yummy ..,

     
  3. My hubby's favourite. ..must make him some..this version of your friends looks great..n hope you meet her sometime.

     
  4. Tasty and tangy looking lemon sevai. Wonderful preparation.
    Deepa

     
  5. Ms.Chitchat Says:
  6. Tasty sevai, love it.

     
  7. Srivalli Says:
  8. Harini, I was going to say same pinch..:)..very lovely pictures and your props are so classic..love sevai..

     
  9. Priya Suresh Says:
  10. Can have this delicious,tangy lemony sevai anytime of the day, my favourite..

     
  11. One of my fav bfast .. What a co-incidence same bfast in my kitchen too:)

     
  12. always love this tasty tangy lemon sevai..

     
  13. Kalyani Says:
  14. Nothing to beat the classic version .. Great colours

     
  15. lemon is always so refreshing - especially in summer

     
  16. Pavani Says:
  17. Lemon sevai sounds amazing. I hope you find your friend soon -- in this day and age I'm sure it is only matter of time to track anyone down.

     
  18. Suma Gandlur Says:
  19. Love this dish for it's simplicity.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory