Sweet Idiyappam

For Day 2 Week 3 of BM #41, here is a sweet Idiyappam dish. As I understand it is traditionally served for breakfast along with some other spicy version of Idiyappam. 

But I served this for a snack and the kids really liked it. I first tasted this in a potluck party and was very impressed by the simplicity and taste of this dish. Thanks, Uma for graciously sharing the dish and the recipe.


Sweet Idiyappam

Ingredients - 

Idiyappam 1 cup (approx)
Sugar 2-3 Tbsp (or to taste)
Coconut, Grated, Fresh or Frozen 1 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder 1/4 tsp
Ghee 1 tsp
Cashews few


Sweet Idiyappam

Method Of Preparation -


Immerse the idiyappam in boiling water for a couple of minutes until it is just about cooked.

Drain and set aside.

In a mixing bowl, add the drained idiyappam, grated coconut, sugar and cardamom powder. Gently mix until the sugar blends in.

Heat ghee in a small pan, fry the cashews and pour them into the idiyappam mixture.

Mix well and serve for a delightful breakfast.

Preparation Time 10 min
Serves 2

10 comments

  1. nice and tasty idiyappam

     
  2. Srivalli Says:
  3. I love this Harini, reminds me its been a while I have eaten this..Idiyyapam is my favorite dish to snack on as such..

     
  4. Priya Suresh Says:
  5. Makes me nostalgic, one of my grandma's signature dish.. Inviting sweet idiyappam.

     
  6. Sweet Idiyappam looks inviting !

     
  7. Kalyani Says:
  8. My grandmom used to make idiyappam from scratch ! And the sweet topping was a lil differnt with jaggery and til and ccoconut and cardamom .. It's raining idiyappams at ur blog Harini ;-))

     
  9. The sweet version looks great..wonderful delicious flavours too..and trust me I am tempted to try this version along with the daal one.

     
  10. i have to make this sweet version soon, there are quite a few fans at home

     
  11. This reminds me of a recipe I made from a Middle Eastern country for September albeit a little different - I am sure it tasted wonderful

     
  12. Pavani Says:
  13. Sweet idiyappam is totally new to me. Sounds yummy!!

     
  14. Suma Gandlur Says:
  15. Delicious idiyappam.
    If I am not wrong, they serve it with coconut milk, right?

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory