Eggless Bread And Butter Pudding

U for United Kingdom. I don't think UK needs any introduction. 

Once upon a time, I had a dream to go on the time machine and visit London during the 1800s. Subsequently, I used to read some Historical fiction set during that time period. I used to read up on any historical fiction/non fiction books which depicted the lifestyle of Britishers during that era, be it in India or in England. I used to watch movies set in that time period as well.

In those narratives, there used to be a reference to Bread and Butter Pudding and since then I wondered how it would taste but never did I imagine that I would be a food blogger and that I would try this out!! I made this twice (back to back in two days) to satisfy the cravings of my older one and mine too!!


Eggless Bread And Butter Pudding

Ingredients - 

Bread Slices 6 
Butter as needed to butter the slices on one side
Milk 2 cups + 2 Tbsp
Custard Powder 2 Tbsp
Sugar 5-6 Tbsp
Cinnamon Powder 1/2 tsp
Nutmeg Powder (or grated nutmeg) 1/4 tsp
Dried Cranberries, Raisins, Tutti Frutti as needed


Eggless Bread And Butter Pudding
My older one was restless while I was clicking so she was sneaking in a bite or two while I was rearranging my camera angle :)

Method Of Preparation -


Remove the crusts of the bread slices and butter them on one side.

Cut the slices into 2 triangles each and layer them in a rectangular baking dish which has been greased well.

Sprinkle the raisins, and other dried fruits and arrange the bread slices evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.

To prepare the custard, heat milk and add sugar. Separately mix 2 tablespoons of milk with custard powder and gently pour into the boiling milk.

Pour the prepared custard mixture onto the layered bread slices. Set aside for a few minutes.

Preheat the oven to 350 °F.

Bake the bread slices for about 40-45 minutes until the custard sets properly and the tops brown.

Serve warm or cold as per your preference.




Preparation Time 1 hr
Serves 4

14 comments

  1. That is one delicious looking classic bread and butter pudding. The first picture came out very well.

     
  2. Bread pudding- the simplest of them all and go to comfort food. Nice choice.

     
  3. Priya Suresh Says:
  4. Lip smacking pudding, such a droolworth bread butter pudding, would love to have some anytime.

     
  5. Srivalli Says:
  6. Harini, I also remember reading about bread pudding..:)..love the texture you got..very nicely done..

     
  7. i love it ...and yours looks much better than the ones i have tasted

     
  8. Suma Gandlur Says:
  9. This eggless bread pudding is on my to do list. It must have been yummy if you have tried it twice.

     
  10. Archana Says:
  11. I was wondering how you will take care of the egg part and must say I love the pudding.

     
  12. Pavani Says:
  13. That is one very tempting bread pudding.

     
  14. The pudding looks so inviting. No wonder your kid loved it...

     
  15. Unknown Says:
  16. Delicious & inviting bread pudding.

     
  17. Padmajha Says:
  18. Same pinch Harini. I too love books and movies set in that era! And this is such a classic dish that you made presented so well! Yum!

     
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Very inviting bread pudding dear :) Kids wud love them a lot..

     
  21. bread pudding is one of my all time fave desserts

     
  22. Bread pudding looks tempting and I like it being eggless version .

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory