Mashed Potatoes

Day 3 Week 2 of BM #52 -

Is there any kid out there who is not fond of potatoes? I don't see anyone raising their hands. I usually have a tough time telling my kids to avoid eating potatoes everyday. So when I told my older one if she would like to have mashed potatoes as part of her after school snack, she looked at me and said "What kind of a question is that? How can I ever say no to that? Whatever are you thinking?" That says it all. 

Usually my older one makes mashed potatoes for herself adding as many seasonings as she fancies on that particular day. But she told me this combination was her favorite. So I made it to suit her taste and she thoroughly enjoyed having it for a snack. Not to forget the little one who enjoyed just as much!

Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients - 

Potatoes, 2 large ones
Butter 1 Tbsp
Garlic, grated 2 cloves
Onion Powder as needed (Optional)
Half n Half Milk 1/4 cup (Replace it with cream or milk)
Salt, Pepper, Basil to taste


Mashed Potatoes

Method Of Preparation -


Boil potatoes until tender and peel. Mash them finely adding unsalted butter, grated garlic and onion powder.

Mix in salt, pepper and basil as per taste. Add the milk a tablespoon at a time and keep whipping. 

Adjust the milk to get the creamy texture and enjoy!


Mashed Potatoes



Also sending it to Srivalli's "Kid's Delight - Creamy Foods" hosted by Chef Mireille.



Preparation Time 20 min
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Posted by Harini R on Tuesday, May 12, 2015

6 comments

  1. Pavani Says:
  2. My son loves mashed potatoes that too with ground pepper. I like the delicious flavors you added in your potatoes.

     
  3. Sandhiya Says:
  4. Simple & yummy mashed potatoes.

     
  5. Priya Suresh Says:
  6. My lil one's fav, he can survive for many days with this mashed potatoes.

     
  7. My daughter too loves mashed potatoes. This is such a simple and nice variation.

     
  8. Suma Gandlur Says:
  9. My daughter would happily raise her hand. She thinks she hates potatoes until she sees French fries. :)
    Love the texture and the flavors of your dish.

     
  10. definite kid pleaser for sure. perfectly executed

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory