Cucumber Sandwiches

Day 2 Week 2 of BM #53 - 

These cucumber sandwiches are great for outdoor picnics, as a tea time snack and or as breakfast. I first tasted these sandwiches which my friend had made for a picnic. They can be made ahead and refrigerated as well.

One disadvantage of using Jalapeno cream cheese was that my little one couldn't eat these. But the rest of us had these for a snack. I made special sandwiches for the little one with plain cream cheese though. :)


Cucumber Sandwiches

Ingredients - 

Bread Slices 8
Jalapeno Cream Cheese 2 Tbsp
Cucumber, shredded 3/4 cup


Cucumber Sandwiches

Method Of Preparation -

In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese at room temperature. 

Squeeze out the water from the shredded cucumber and add it to the cream cheese. Mix well.

Cut out the sides of the bread slices.

Apply the cream cheese - cucumber mixture on both sides of the bread slices and slice them diagonally to make triangles.

Refrigerate until serving.

Serve with Tea or as Breakfast.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 53. 

Also sending this to Srivalli's "Kid's Delight - Snacking all the way", hosted by Sandhya.


Preparation Time 15 min
Makes 8 Triangular sandwiches
Posted by Harini R on Thursday, June 11, 2015

18 comments

  1. Simple and healthy sandwich.

     
  2. Wow i like rhese Harini! So simple yet so flavorful !

     
  3. praba Says:
  4. very apt for summer harini..looks awesome...

     
  5. Suma Gandlur Says:
  6. I bet these make a great quick fix meal.

     
  7. Srivalli Says:
  8. Sounds fantastic harini, such an easy option and I am sure if kids love these dips, they will enjoy it so much..will have to make for my daughter!

     
  9. Priya Suresh Says:
  10. Wow, am love with the filling u went for this sandwiches,fabulous.

     
  11. perfect snack!

     
  12. Kalyani Says:
  13. Jalapeno cream cheese is a first for me.. guess its spicy and tangy !! and I LOVE cucumber sandwiches !

     
  14. Cool and refreshing cucumbers make this the perfect sandwich for picnics. Like the touch of jalapeño.

     
  15. Padmajha Says:
  16. This is so good for the lunch / snack box too and so simple too/Superb one Harini...

     
  17. Jalapeno flavored cream cheese, is very new harini!!!! Sandwiches are a blessing and makes a great snack!!

     
  18. I love the idea of using jalapeno cream cheese. My husband would love these. I am going to be making these for my next hiking trip :)

     
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. This is my all time favorite when every I feel hungry in the evening I make them for myself.. That jalapeno cream cheese sounds very interesting.

     
  21. Pavani Says:
  22. My husband loves jalapeno cream cheese and your cucumber sandwich looks so fresh & delicious.

     
  23. Sowmya :) Says:
  24. Perfect summer sandwiches....looks wonderful

     
  25. Archana Says:
  26. Jalepano flavoured cream cheese...:D Love this.

     
  27. Unknown Says:
  28. very simple sandwitch recipe...

     
  29. Healthy sandwiches.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory