Mooli Parantha

BM #64 Day 1 -

We are back to the regular relaxed pace of blogging from this month until September for another mega marathon series.
So the regular marathon will see me post 3 recipes a week. This week I have chosen to blog 3 whole wheat dishes.

Mooli Parantha has been in my to-do list forever now. I am not a great fan of it but my husband loves it and so I got around my aversion and made these for him and my older one. They absolutely loved it.

Ingredients - 

Wheat Flour 1 1/2 cups
Radish, peeled and grated 1 1/2 cups
Salt, Turmeric, Green chilies paste, Red chili powder as needed
Coriander seeds, crushed 1 tsp
Ajwain / Carom Seeds 1 tsp
Coriander leaves, chopped 1 Tbsp
Oil/Ghee to shallow fry


Mooli Parantha

Method Of Preparation -


Add salt to the grated radish and set aside for a couple minutes.

Squeeze out the water and save the water.

To the radish, add all the spices and add wheat flour and knead adding the radish water as much as needed.

Make sure the dough is not too soft as it tends to soften a bit more if left for a long time.

Pinch lime/lemon sized portions of the dough and roll out thick rotis.

Heat a griddle, and cook the rotis on both sides spraying as much oil/ghee as needed. Remove onto a hot box or air tight container layered with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.

Continue with the rest of the dough.

Serve warm with yogurt.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 64. 

Preparation Time 30 min
Makes 6-8 rotis
Posted by Harini R on Tuesday, May 3, 2016

12 comments

  1. A old classic perfectly made.

     
  2. I have once made raddish as the filling between for parathas. This one looks easy to make and sounds so yumm..

     
  3. Priya Suresh Says:
  4. Definitely a healthy paratha, love simply with some mango pickle.

     
  5. Srivalli Says:
  6. I so love these parathas..they pair so well with pyaz ki chutney!

     
  7. Sarita Says:
  8. Mooli paratha always my favorite . They look yummy.

     
  9. My all time favorite. I just love the flavors of this paratha!

     
  10. Archana Says:
  11. Beautifully done old classic.

     
  12. All time favorite paratha.Looks delicious.

     
  13. Never before had radish in paratha must make a great combo

     
  14. Pavani Says:
  15. I love mooli paratha, yours turned out great.

     
  16. Sowmya :) Says:
  17. I usually try stuffing the radish inside the paratha and make quite a mess in the bargain. This looks tasty and sumptuous!

     
  18. veena Says:
  19. I love mooli paratha and yours has come out so well

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory