Potato Rice

BM #67 Week 1 Day 2 -

Here is a personal favorite from my childhood. My mom used to make this for my lunch box and since my brother and I were Potato lovers, I guess we never had an issue of taking this delicious Aloo rice to school. My brother is still an ardent potato lover while I have drifted away from potatoes. 

So I can say that this is a life saver for all those potato lovers out there!!


Aloo Rice

Recipe Source
Ingredients - 

Cooked rice 3 cups
Potatoes, peeled and diced 1 cup
Tomatoes, finely chopped 1/2 cup
Onion, finely chopped, 1/2 cup
Turmeric a pinch
Green chillies 2-3 nos
Coriander leaves for garnish
Vangibath powder 2 tsp (see recipe here)
Salt to taste
Seasoning (Oil 1 Tbsp, Chana Dal 2 tsp, Urad Dal 1 tsp, Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp, Jeera 1/2 tsp, Asafotida a pinch, curry leaves few, Cashews few)
Lemon/Lime juice 1-2 tsp (Optional)


ALoo Rice

Method Of Preparation -

In a skillet on a medium-high flame, heat some oil and add the seasoning. 

After the mustard seeds start crackling, add chopped onion and saute them until golden brown.

Add the diced potatoes and fry them until cooked.

Add chopped tomato and let it cook for about 4-5 min.

Add chopped green chillies and vangibath powder and mix well.

Add salt and mix for a couple of minutes.

Switch off the flame add this mixture to a bowl with the cooked rice and mix well. I like some lemon juice too.

Serve hot.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 67. 

Sending this yummy rice to Pavani who is hosting "Kid's Delight - lunch box recipes", a brain child of Valli's

Preparation Time 25 min
Serves 3
Posted by Harini R on Thursday, August 4, 2016

4 comments

  1. Oh yes Potatoes are a life saver..I am an ardent fan of potatoes and would love to dig in this lunch box.

     
  2. Potatoes and kids...I suppose have a strong connection. my kids can have potato rice everyday

     
  3. Priya Suresh Says:
  4. Omg, this rice rocks, my kids will definitely go crazy if i serve this fabulous rice.

     
  5. Suma Gandlur Says:
  6. We too love this version of rice and it makes a great lunch box item for rice loving kids.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory