Broccoli-Potato Soup

BM #71 Week 1 Day 2 -

For today, explore the flavor of this simple soup with Broccoli and potato. I found that the soup was a meal by itself when paired with croutons and salad. 

My older one who loves broccoli in a salad found it hard to take in the soup. I didn't think of it as surprising as she is not a soup person. My little one was so happy to slurp in this soup for dinner. In fact she asked me to save the soup for her for the next day's dinner as well. My husband just slurped his soup with no comment. So I got a wide spectrum of reviews for this soup :).

Ingredients - 

Broccoli Florets 3 cups
Potato peeled and cubed 1.5 cups
Water or Vegetable Stock 4-5 cups
Salt and Pepper as needed
Seasoning (Oil/Butter 1 Tbsp, Garlic grated 1 tsp, Cinnamon 1/2 inch, Cloves 2-3)

Broccoli-Potato Soup

Method Of Preparation -


In a pressure cooker or a heavy bottomed pan, add oil/butter and saute garlic until golden brown. Saute the cinnamon and cloves as well.

Add in the potatoes and broccoli. Add water or vegetable stock and cook for about 15 minutes or about 2 hisses.

Upon cooling, blend the boiled mixture into a smooth soup.

Pour it back into a heated pan, sprinkle adequate salt and pepper. Let it simmer.

Serve warm with salad and croutons for a filling meal.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#71.

Preparation Time 30 minutes
Serves 7-8
Posted by Harini R on Sunday, December 4, 2016

7 comments

  1. I have never been fond of soups, but I remember having Broccoli and almond soup, which tasted great...and recently I had potato soup..now combining those two I am sure this must be one killer soup.

     
  2. Srividhya Says:
  3. Soups are always welcome and given that its winter I wouldnt say no. Broccoli and potato is a new combo. Never tried it that way. very nice

     
  4. I have never tried broccoli soup. This combo looks very inviting .

     
  5. Pavani Says:
  6. What a creamy and delicious looking soup Harini. Lovely clicks.

     
  7. Priya Suresh Says:
  8. Such a comforting bowl of soup, my kind of dinner.

     
  9. Kalyani Says:
  10. love the flavours going in there ! and must have tasted yum !!

     
  11. Srivalli Says:
  12. This is such a fantastic and healthy soup Harini..

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory