Dondakaya Fry, Tindora Fry

BM #71 Week 2 Day 3 - 

For Day 3, here is a no-nonsense type of a vegetable fry which my kids love to have with dal / rasam. Lot of people have a preference regarding the of the shape tindora/dondakaya is chopped in. 

I have grown up eating this fry which was chopped in thin circles. Of course, it is a laborious and time taking process to finely chop them. But with some modern gadgets, I chop them finely for my husband and have dispensed with the circular cut of dondakaya. The kids love this lengthwise cut of the vegetable. 

I have already posted another version of Tindora Fry with onions in it. Here is the No onion-no garlic version. I made this as part of a thali meal which I shall feature next week.

Ingredients - 

Tindora / Dondakaya , washed and chopped lengthwise about 1/2 lb [I used the frozen variety thawed on the counter for an hour]
Salt, Turmeric and Red Chili powder as needed
Coconut powder 1 tsp
Oil 1 Tbsp

* If I forget to thaw the frozen packet I just pop it into the MW for a couple minutes or put the packet in hot water for 10 minutes.

Dondakaya Fry, Tindora Fry

Method Of Preparation -


In a heated pan, add oil and the chopped tindora.

Fry for a few minutes while mixing gently. Sprinkle turmeric and gently mix or toss. [It typically takes about 15-20 minutes.]

When the vegetable turns a shade of brown and appears cooked through, sprinkle salt, red chili powder and coconut powder.

Serve warm with a side of rice and dal/sambar/rasam.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#71.

Preparation Time 20 minutes
Serves 2-3
Posted by Harini R on Monday, December 12, 2016

7 comments

  1. Nava K Says:
  2. Yes please to this dish with rice drenched with rasam. Yum.

     
  3. Kalyani Says:
  4. this with rasam-rice or sambhar is well accepted at home ! I too have never chopped tindora into circles, its always lengthwise :-)

     
  5. sushma Says:
  6. I too love having it with rasam and sambar. Looks yummy

     
  7. Priya Suresh Says:
  8. Can have this tindora fry happily with some rice.

     
  9. Pavani Says:
  10. Love this simple and delicious dondakaya kura.

     
  11. So simple yet tasty tindora fry.

     
  12. I prefer slices over length wise cut gourd. Regardless how it is cut, it is yummy fry!

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory