5 Minute Microwave Mysore Pak

BM #73 Week 2 Day 1

This week, I shall present some quick and easy sweet treats to please one and all.

I was talking to a friend about new ideas to make Indian sweets easier and quicker when she gave me a host of ideas, among which this 5 minute mysore pak topped my list.

It so happened that I had to make this treat for a friend and so another favorite added to our list at home!!


5 Minute Microwave Mysore Pak

Recipe Source multiple recipes online
Ingredients - 

Besan / Gram Flour / Senagapindi 1/2 cup
Ghee 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar 1 cup
Milk 2 tsp


5 Minute Microwave Mysore Pak

Method Of Preparation -


In a MW safe glass bowl, mix besan and a teaspoon of ghee and microwave for a minute until the raw smell goes away.

Remove the roasted besan into a different bowl.

In the glass bowl, melt the ghee for a minute so the ghee is hot.

Add the remaining ingredients into the ghee, mix well so there are no lumps.

Put it back into the MW and zap for a minute. Remove and mix well. Continue for another 3-4 times in 1 minute increments. [I totally cooked the mixture for 5 minutes but I could have stopped at 3 1/2 minutes for a lighter colored mysore pak].

When the mixture turns frothy and it becomes flaky and pores are visible, transfer the mixture into a greased plate. 

[At this point, I observed that there was an excess of ghee floating, so I drained the ghee into a separate container. It was approximately 2 tablespoons of ghee which I drained out.]

Allow it to cool for a couple of minutes and then with a sharp knife, make indents to slice as needed.

After another 10 minutes, slice it and serve or store in an air tight container.


BMLogo




Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes 20 - 1 inch slices

14 comments

  1. This is such an easy way to make mysorepak. They look so perfect..

     
  2. Kalyani Says:
  3. This looks so so good ! I just gave away my microwave ... any stove top method for a quick version ? Pl share offline , Harini

     
  4. Sarita Says:
  5. Mysore pak looks yummy.. I liked this quick version.

     
  6. This is such an easy way to make this delicious sweet.. Lovely share..

     
  7. Wow ! This is a sweet that I really like , it's so high calorie that I don't even look at it , but trust me Your version is tempting me , Fantastic !

     
  8. Priya Suresh Says:
  9. Easy breezy mysore pak, so tempting they are, my sweet tooth is craving for a slice rite now.

     
  10. Unknown Says:
  11. pretty plating!

     
  12. Srividhya Says:
  13. I love microwave version too. Very yum

     
  14. Archana Says:
  15. Wow, I need to try this. It's one of my favourite sweets.

     
  16. Pavani Says:
  17. WOW, that is one easy to make mysore pak Harini. I'm scared to make traditional version because it involves so much stirring but your version seems easy to try. I'm definitely going to try this soon.

     
  18. Suma Gandlur Says:
  19. They have come out perfect. Mysorepak is a family favorite at our place and your post reminded me that I had bookmarked a microwave version earlier. Will try it out your version soon.

     
  20. Srivalli Says:
  21. Those mysore paks surely look so sinful and inviting..MW method is always so quick to make..

     
  22. I am going to give it a try right away. The traditional version is so time consuming, but this seems so quick. I love the texture that you have attained for the Mysore pak.

     
  23. wow, 5 minutes is easy breezy time, i m going to try this tomorrow! :)

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory