No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake

BM #73 Week 3 Day 3 -

After the success of Chocolate-Nut Bark, I thought this no bake chocolate biscuit cake will be enjoyed just as well by my family. So I made a small batch of this cake. It was a breeze to prepare but had a tough time keeping my little one from checking on it :).

We loved the cake just as it was. Later my husband and I were talking about how else to improvise and he said we could combine the chocolate-nut bark and this cake for a double-dhamaka. So my next project is to add chopped nuts to this cake for an extra crunch :).

Recipe Inspiration here
Ingredients - 

Chocolate Chips 1 cup
*Tea Biscuits about 10-12
Butter 1 Tbsp
Milk 2 Tbsp

* Graham Crackers, Marie Biscuits, Digestive Biscuits are some other kinds of biscuits which can be used instead.


No Bake Chocolate Biscuit Cake

Method Of Preparation -


Heat a big pot of water until it comes to a rolling boil.

In a smaller pot, add chocolate chips, butter and milk. Place the smaller pot in the boiling water. Reduce the heat.

Whisk until a sauce like consistency is achieved.

Remove from the hot water. Let the sauce cool down for about 10-15 minutes.

Meanwhile, break the biscuits into bit size pieces and set aside.

When the chocolate sauce is sufficiently cool, add the biscuit pieces into it and gently mix until all the biscuit pieces are coated with the sauce.

In a small loaf pan, line it with parchment paper/cling wrap, so that there is an over hang on all sides.

Pour the chocolate mixture into the lined pan. Smooth the top with a spatula. Wrap the pan with the overhung parchment paper/cling wrap.

Refrigerate it for about 3 hours allowing enough time for the cake to set. [I refrigerated for over 12 hours for practical reasons :) I made it late in the evening and so no natural light for the pictures :)].

When the cake is set well, Unwrap the parchment paper/cling wrap, and slice the cake to enjoy!!

BMLogo

Sending this to Srivalli's Kid's Delight - Chocolate Dishes hosted by Kalyani this month. 


Preparation Time 10 minutes + Setting Time 3 hours
Serves 6-7 kids (about 12-14 slices)
Posted by Harini R on Sunday, February 19, 2017

6 comments

  1. Nuts would be a nice addition. I made something similar with digestive biscuits and walnuts some time ago.

     
  2. I'm gonna try it..looks such an easy fuss free recipe to please my kids

     
  3. Kalyani Says:
  4. oh I know how tough it is to wean kids away from such a treat ! I make this too, but a loaf pan is a great idea -- thanks for Linking Harini

     
  5. Pavani Says:
  6. That is probably one of the easiest cakes ever. It slices sooo beautifully too.

     
  7. Priya Suresh Says:
  8. My kids all time favourite. We just love this no bake biscuit cake very much.

     
  9. Suma Gandlur Says:
  10. I have noticed that this is prepared in many European countries with slight variations. This one is easy and yummy.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory