BM #86 Week 2 day 2 - 

During our childhood, the few days before any festivals used to be a time for mom to make batches of goodies which included sweets and chaklis. Following that tradition, one of my friend's mom distributed sweets and this chakli a few months back. 

After eating that chakli, my older one pestered me to get the recipe from aunty and make it at home. After I got the recipe and was ready to make it at home, She told me not to tweak the recipe and to follow aunty's recipe to the T. That is what I did. 

It is always a pleasure to see the beaming smiles on the kid's faces, right?

Recipe Source My friend's mom
Ingredients - 

Rice Flour 4 cups
Peanuts, roasted and powdered 1 cup
Moong Dal 1 cup
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Sesame seeds 2 Tbsp
Asafotida 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda a pinch
Ajwain / Vaamu 1 tsp
*Red Chili Powder / Green Chili Paste as needed 
Salt as needed


I used red chili powder


Method Of Preparation -

Wash and boil the moong dal with about 1.5 cups of water. Adding very little water, grind into a fine paste upon cooling.

In a mixing bowl, add the rice flour, peanut powder, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, salt, red chilli powder, ajwain, asafoetida and the moong dal paste. Mix well so the moong dal paste is mixed well into the rice flour. 

Add in hot oil and mix well.

Add water gradually to make a soft dough. 

Fill in the murukku press with the dough and I used the regular perforated plate.

Heat oil in a deep pan, and on medium heat use the murukku press to drop in spirals of dough. 

Fry them until they change color. Drain them onto kitchen paper towels. Continue for the rest of the dough.


Store in an airtight container upon cooling. 


BMLogo




Preparation Time 1 hour
Makes approx 20-30 pieces (size as shown in the picture)

16 comments

  1. Usha Says:
  2. It was the same even at our home but now, most of the goodies are outsourced. I miss all that commotion in the kitchen when the goodies were prepared before festivals.

    Pesaru pappu murukulu look are super crunchy.

     
  3. Kudos ! I normally never make any kind of farsan at home , except chivda ! This is a very interesting recipe , the chakli looks tempting and very crunchy !

     
  4. I have used roasted moong dal powder in murukku, but this method is so new. With addition of peanuts, this must be brimming with flavour..

     
  5. sushma Says:
  6. It was the same at my moms place too before festivals. Very nice recipe, pesara pappu chakli with peanut powder sounds interesting. Bookmarked

     
  7. Unknown Says:
  8. wow thats an amazing recipe by your anuty, the chaklis looks delicious, nice and crispy .. you have made them so perfect harini.

     
  9. CookwithRenu Says:
  10. Ah those festivals in our childhood days, nostalgic. This chaklis looks so crunchy and I was in full smiles after reading your daughters comment to not change the recipe. Children's know us so well :-)

     
  11. Srivalli Says:
  12. I really wish I could get to munch on these right now Harini!..the murukkus look so inviting and crispy..I love the peanut taste in the savory dishes, I am sure kids will love these snacks!

     
  13. code2cook Says:
  14. I am bookmarking these murrukkus recipe. I buy in bulk from reliance mart. This is out favourite time pass snack at home. Even my kids are crazy for them. Really came out beautifully.

     
  15. Priya Suresh Says:
  16. Am keeping myself from deep fried beauties and now you are tempting to make some. Interesting combination for murukus Harini, love that addition of peanuts here.

     
  17. Wow adding peanuts and moong dal in the murukku seems like a nice and healthy idea.

     
  18. Jyoti Babel Says:
  19. I can munch on them any day. Love them with a cup of tea

     
  20. Srividhya Says:
  21. Wow, yummy murukkus. I agree some recipes have to be tried exactly to the T... Bookmarking this one.

     
  22. oh wow harini, this murukku must be so flavorsome!!! bursting with peanut flavor in every bite!!

     
  23. Pavani Says:
  24. Adding soaked and ground moong dal along with roasted peanut powder sounds absolutely delicious. Chakli look very crispy and addictive.

     
  25. looks like a delicious crispy and crunchy snack

     
  26. Sowmya :) Says:
  27. Love the idea of adding peanuts...must have added a lovely texture and flavour! Have to try this asap. Bookmarking!

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory