BM #88 Week 2 Day 1 -


This week I shall highlight one vegetable and showcase some interesting ways to enjoy it. As it is evident by the title, I have chosen 'Cauliflower' as my star vegetable this week.

My kids love cauliflower and so I am always looking at different ways to serve cauliflower to them. When I came across this Cauliflower Mac n cheese in my social media feed, I thought I should try and see if the kids like it and it was a super hit with them.

It is a fantastic after school snack for the kids.


Recipe Inspiration here
Ingredients - 

Cauliflower Florets 3-4 cups
Sour Cream 5 Tbsp
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning, Red Pepper Flakes as needed
Cheese, Shredded 1/2 cup (or as needed)



Method Of Preparation -


Boil Cauliflower florets in salt water and drain. [I microwaved them in salt water for 6 minutes].

Meanwhile, whisk Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper Flakes into the sour cream and adjust the seasonings.

In a heated wide pan, transfer the drained cauliflower, stir in the sour cream mixture and sprinkle cheese.

Mix well until the cheese is melted and the florets are all well coated with sour cream-cheese mixture.

Remove from heat and serve warm.





BMLogo




Preparation Time 10-12 minutes
Serves 2-3

14 comments

  1. I have this in my to do list for long since it is perfect for my low carb diet. Looking at your mac and cheese I am so tempted to try it out right away.

     
  2. Archana Says:
  3. Wow! I love this mac and cheese. To bad we have to control our cheese etc intake but will try making a small portion.

     
  4. Priya Suresh Says:
  5. Super cheesy mac & cheese, that too with cauliflower. Inviting dish to enjoy without any guilt.

     
  6. cookwithrenu Says:
  7. An intersting way of serving Cauliflower and specially to the kids. The dish looks to tempting.

     
  8. Nisha Says:
  9. Cauliflower is so versatile and its replacing so many carbs. :) Love this version of mac and cheese.

     
  10. Mayuri Patel Says:
  11. I'm looking forward to your cauliflower creations as I'm quite picky when it comes to cauliflower. This Mac and cheese version using cauliflower looks very delicious. A delicious way to enjoy cauliflower.

     
  12. Srivalli Says:
  13. This is a fantastic meal on its own Harini, love how creamy this looks!..I too love cooking with cauliflower so looking forward to read your dishes with cauliflower in different ways!

     
  14. I had not heard of cauliflower mac and cheese. What an unique recipe. The source cream/cheese sauce sounds interesting.

     
  15. Sowmya :) Says:
  16. Love this take on mac and cheese....easy to make for one or many plus adding all that cauliflower! Yum idea...bookmarking!

     
  17. farah saleem Says:
  18. I just bought a huge cauli last month and i didnt know what to do with it!!! This is a good way to get the kids eat cauli

     
  19. Wow never knew you could make mac n cheese with cauliflower too, it looks so creamy and tasty

     
  20. Padmajha Says:
  21. Just the dish I need to use up that big head of cauliflower that has been sleeping in the fridge.What an awesome recipe Harini! Superb!!

     
  22. sushma Says:
  23. One of my kids favorite dish. Yummy

     
  24. preeti garg Says:
  25. Looks so delicious.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory