BM #92 Day 1 - 

This paratha is a very filling one with the flavor of your favorite pickle and a spicy potato filling.

This recipe marks the beginning of the 26 - day Mega BM, which I am participating with a few of my blogger friends. This month it is all either Indian breads (dosa/pancake type), Indian flatbreads (Paratha/Roti/ Naan/Kulcha type), or International Flatbreads. But the twist is that they all should be alphabetically arranged. So today it is A for Achari Aloo Paratha, tomorrow it is B for ...

This paratha has been very popular at home as my husband and older one are fond of spicy parathas. 

Go through the recipe and try it out while I get ready for tomorrow's post.

Ingredients - 

Wheat Flour 1 cup
Salt as needed
Oil 1 tsp + more to shallow fry
Water as needed to knead a soft dough
For the Filling - 
Aloo/Potatoes peeled, boiled and mashed 1 cup
Salt, Red Chili powder, Amchur Powder, Garam Masala as needed
Coriander seeds coarsely crushed 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds coarsely crushed 1/4 tsp
Ajwain/ Vaamu coarsely crushed 1/2 tsp
Green Chili finely chopped 1 tsp (or as needed)
Coriander leaves finely chopped 2 Tbsp
*Pickle of your choice 2 tsp or more [I used Mango Ginger Pickle - store bought]

*Make sure there are no chunky pieces in the pickle.


  Method Of Preparation -



To Prepare the filling
Mix all the ingredients listed under the Filling, except the pickle and knead well to make sure the flavors are blended in.

To Make the Parathas - 
Knead the chapati dough with the whole wheat flour, oil and salt with as much water as needed. Keep it covered for about 10-15 min.

Make 5-6 equal portions of the dough. 

Roll out small chapatis, apply the pickle as much as preferred and fill in a spoonful of the potato mixture, close the edges and roll out the parathas taking care that the mixture doesn't fall out. 

Shallow fry on a griddle/tawa until both the sides are done spraying as much oil as needed. Repeat the procedure for all the parathas.


Enjoy with Yogurt or any gravy curries.


BMLogo


 Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 92






Preparation Time 30 minutes
Makes 5-6
Posted by Harini R on Sunday, September 2, 2018

13 comments

  1. Oh My! I am so drooling with all the goodness this paratha has. This will be lipsmacking delicious for breakfast or lunch. Love this combination of achari masala and aloo. Great beginning to the month Harini and can't wait to see your rest of the recipes!

     
  2. Sowmya :) Says:
  3. Those pictures are so fabulous...beautiful beginning to the marathon! Lipsmackingly good dish...got to try it asap.

     
  4. Priya Suresh Says:
  5. Omg, those parathas are torturing me, Achari aloo paratha looks absolutely delicious to please my tastebuds. Wonderful start Harini. Keep rocking.

     
  6. Whenever I hear word achaar, I start drooling uncontrollably. So this achari aloo paratha makes me feel the same :)

     
  7. I am drooling over this Paratha Harini , a paratha which will definitely be a hit with me ... amazing ! And what a awesome beginning !

     
  8. This paratha is just fantastic Harini. Literally I am drooling over the snaps. It must be nice and spicy with the achar. Yum..

     
  9. cookwithrenu Says:
  10. Delicious and super tempting. Love the way you have spread the masala on the disc first. A twist to the usual aloo paratha.

     
  11. Mayuri Patel Says:
  12. Just the mention of mango ginger pickle and my mouth is watering. I make aloo paratha ever so often. Love the idea of adding achar to the filling. Definitely would love to try out your suggestion.

     
  13. code2cook Says:
  14. This is such a delicious breakfast platter with achari aloo paratha. I am sure this would be more enjoyable instead of having pickle separately. Loved this.

     
  15. Srivalli Says:
  16. I love this version Harini and your pictures are amazing!. your setup looks so inviting yaar! I would say this is one of best to enjoy a spicy paratha!.. a wonderful start to the series!

     
  17. Padmajha Says:
  18. The pic itself looks so appetizing Harini! The pickle sounds so delicious and I am sure it would have tasted so good! Super pick Harini.

     
  19. preeti garg Says:
  20. Achari Aloo paratha is one of mine fav paratha.. love that lip smacking bread recipe.

     
  21. Kalyani Says:
  22. Oh my my ! I read the entire recipe only now .. aloo and achaar in a stuffed paratha ! My elder one loves a good Aloo paratha . This is a must make for her .. bookmarked this too :)

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory