BM #94 Week 2 Day 3 - 

For the last day of this series of 'Sweets without refined ingredients', I showcase the classic recipe of Maramarala Laddu or Borugula Unta with a change in shape.

My childhood fear has always been to eat a giant sized maramarala laddu. I never could properly take a bite of the huge laddu. To this day that fear remains at the back of my mind and hence I never thought of making this laddu at home.

It so happened that my husband casually mentioned his childhood memories regarding these laddus and I warned him ahead of time about my fears and he accepted the smaller sized laddus :). 

Ingredients - 

Maramaralu / Puffed Rice 5 cups
Jaggery , grated 1 cup
Water 1/4 cup
Ghee 1 tsp


Method Of Preparation -


In a heated pan, dry roast the puffed rice for a couple minutes and remove onto a wide plate.

In a heated wide pan, add jaggery and water. Let the jaggery melt. Strain the syrup to remove any impurities.

In a clean pan, add ghee and the jaggery syrup and let it simmer until the syrup is frothing up.

After about a couple of minutes, pour a couple drops of the simmering syrup into a bowl of water. If the syrup forms a tight ball, the syrup is of the right consistency.

Reduce the heat, put in all the roasted puff rice. Mix well and remove from heat. The whole mixture should still be a little moist. Transfer into a wide plate.

With slightly moist hands, pinch portions of the mixture and make laddus or any shapes.

I wanted a smaller sized laddu so I was unable to get a proper shape.

Serve immediately or store them in an air tight container.

BMLogo




Preparation Time 15 minutes
Serves 5-6

7 comments

  1. You are funny Harini, I was laughing reading your fears. Sorry. But on a serious note, I guess the mini size laddus are lot easy to eat.

     
  2. Pavani Says:
  3. Those mini maramarala laddoo look great. Love that you made them smaller - I prefect smaller laddoo too :-)

     
  4. Priya Suresh Says:
  5. Dangerously addictive laddoos, mini sized laddoos absolutely incredible and delicious to the core.

     
  6. These ladoos are my fav while growing up and my daughter loves it now. These are some delicious treats to have after school.

     
  7. Srivalli Says:
  8. hahaha..that thought is quite hilarious Harini, though I can understand how it must have been..on the other hand, these puffed ladoos are my favorite and in huge size..lol..we mostly make it during deepam day and enjoy it for a week..very nice one!

     
  9. Unknown Says:
  10. Those mini version just looks so good. Bite sized are usually cute compared to big ones!!

     
  11. code2cook Says:
  12. puffed rice laddus are just awesome to munch on. we all love them.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory