BM #95 Week 4 Day 2 - 

The second recipe which is a family favorite and yet another recommendation from my kids is this Dahi Aloo Chaat. Since the appearance of Air Fryer in our kitchen, making aloo fries has become a new normal. The kids got very comfortable with making these fries that it has become a midnight snack for them.

The typical street food attracted my kids when they had it at their friend's place. So the next time they made Aloo fries they wanted all the ingredients for the chaat and went ahead with the setup and enjoyed it. 
The platter as shown in the picture was my share and I assembled it on the tray, took the pictures and guess what happened later. The older one swapped her bowl with mine saying my assembly is prettier than hers and the rest is history :).

Ingredients - 

Potatoes, cubed 2-3 cups
Salt, Turmeric, Chaat Masala, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala as needed
Oil 1 Tbsp
To Assemble the Chaat - 
Garbanzo Beans, boiled 1 cup (may be seasoned as needed)
Beaten yogurt 1 cup (or as needed)
Coriander Mint Chutney as needed
Tamarind Date Chutney as needed
Onions, finely chopped as needed
Tomato, Cucumber finely chopped may also be added
Sev and or Boondi as needed
Coriander leaves, finely chopped as garnish



Method Of Preparation -


In a wide mixing bowl, add the cubed potatoes (I didn't peel them), spray oil and ensure all the cubes are coated evenly.

Sprinkle all the spices tossing the potatoes.

Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 °F. Toss in the seasoned potatoes and let it run for about 20-22 minutes or until the potatoes turn crispy. Make sure to toss them every 5 minutes.

Assembling the chaat - 
In a bowl, add the crispy potatoes, seasoned Garbanzo beans, chopped onions, coriander-mint chutney, tamarind date chutney, beaten yogurt, sev and/or boondi and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.

Sprinkle additional chaat masala and red chili powder if needed. Serve immediately.





BMLogo




Preparation Time 30-35 minutes
Serves 3-4

11 comments

  1. Priya Suresh Says:
  2. Seriously feel like getting air fryer soon as possible. Dahi aloo chaat looks absolutely fabulous, mouthwatering here.

     
  3. Suma Gandlur Says:
  4. My husband is the one who loves using air fryer in our home and I will pass on this aloo chaat recipe to him. :)

     
  5. Srividhya Says:
  6. Air-fryer is something that I am eyeing on. Hoping to get this year. Love this guilt-free aloo chaat. So good.

     
  7. I always love the St up we do for chats. It is so colourful and adds such a beauty. The chat with aloo and dahi must be so delicious.

     
  8. Swati Says:
  9. Chaats are always my favorite snacks and if these are made in aloo fryers who will say no this tempting treat!!

     
  10. Pavani Says:
  11. Love the idea of making aloo fries in the air fryer and then making this chaat. I can't wait to try this for the family. Thanks for the inspiration. Oh and the clicks look lovely.

     
  12. code2cook Says:
  13. wow, you are making me hungry to have this aloo chat. looking so divine and tempting. I am drooling for it Harini.......

     
  14. Looking at this recipe I am getting more and more tempted to buy an air fryer. My all time favorite.

     
  15. veena Says:
  16. That is a lovely use of air fryer. Looks super

     
  17. I agree with your daughter - I would have taken your bowl too - This chaat looks toooo gooood

     
  18. Oh my gawd! tha bowl is very tempting harini! i would love make myself some now!! I totally agree with your daughter, that is one pretty bowl of chat!!!!Lip-smacking good, might as well try fo our friends gathering!

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory