Sabudana Kala Chana Waffle

BM #72 Week 4 Day 3 - 

A few weeks ago, I saw a post on my facebook timeline about sabudana waffle and I was instantly attracted to it. With a few exclusions these waffles can work as Vrat ka khana as well.

I bookmarked it and tried it but unfortunately my family didn't take to it as much as I expected but I loved the idea. I shared it with my friend who loved these waffles as well. So the next time I make sabudana khichdi for my family, I am going to make these waffles just for me :)

They came out crunchy and crisp but turned chewy upon cooling.

Sabudana Kala Chana Waffle

Recipe Source here
Ingredients - 

Sago / Sabudana 1 cup
Kala Chana boiled 1 cup
Peanut roasted and crushed 2 Tbsp
Green chili - cilantro paste as needed
Ginger-Garlic paste 2 tsp or as needed - optional
Salt as needed
Potato , boiled and mashed 1/2 cup (optional)
Garam masala, Chaat masala to taste - Optional

Sabudana Kala Chana Waffle

Method Of Preparation -


Soak Sabudana for 2 hours or until the pearls double their size and become tender.

Mash the boiled kala chana and set aside.

In a bowl, mix the drained sabudana and all the other ingredients except oil. 

Knead the mixture into a soft dough adding water/yogurt to make it all come together.

Spray oil on the waffle iron and gently spread the sabudana mixture into the waffle iron.

Close and let it cook as per instructions on the waffle iron.

After it is done, remove from the waffle iron and serve hot with chutney of your choice.



BMLogo




Preparation Time 30 minutes
Makes 4 

15 comments

  1. Harini the waffles look really pretty , such a neat idea , one can have it nice and hot .

     
  2. Srividhya Says:
  3. This is a great idea. Love those waffles and looks great and i bet it would have tasted great too.

     
  4. Sandhiya Says:
  5. Wow..Wat a nice variation to the regular waffles.Sounds delicious.

     
  6. rajani Says:
  7. Whether the kids like it or not, it looks so nice. The pearls add a nice look to the waffle.

     
  8. Priya Suresh Says:
  9. Omg, this waffle rocks Harini, never thought of making waffles with sago. Interesting one.

     
  10. Harini that is one delicious idea here!!! Simply love the texture the waffle has got!!! Indianzing videshi food!!! :)

     
  11. Wow.. what an idea ... Those cute pearls in the waffles looks amazing!!

     
  12. Archana Says:
  13. Harini thanks fro answering my unasked question. Just the other day I was thinking dosa waffles is an idea.
    Sabunada waffle is yum.

     
  14. Pavani Says:
  15. That is one nutritious and healthy waffles.

     
  16. Love the idea. Waffles Looks beautiful with those pearls.

     
  17. WOW - what a unique waffle - this is a must try so out of the ordinary!

     
  18. I love this idea as well, but sometimes our thoughts are not well reciprocated in the family. When you make it next time I will come over to finish these up :)

     
  19. Srivalli Says:
  20. Wow those waffles look so wonderful!..I love the idea..very nice one..

     
  21. A Says:
  22. What is the other option of waffle maker, I mean, may i use hand toaster?

     
  23. Harini R Says:
  24. @A - Thanks for your interest. These can be made on a tawa/griddle as well. I am not sure about a hand toaster though.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory