This simple Cucumber Raita can elevate the taste of any Pulao or Fried Rice or Biryani, don't you agree? I somehow don't like the raw onion in Raita and so this Raita is always welcome! Actually I had totally forgotten about this Raita until last week. Before the start of this edition of Blogging Marathon, I sat down to list the recipes I planned to make using Cucumber. Without a second thought I added Raita to the list. After a recent brunch at the local ISKON temple, I was reminded once again what a pleasure it was to have Cucumber Raita as an accompaniment to Pulao. I had planned on making Thai Coconut Fried Rice (recipe to follow soon) for a 'special' occasion and so this raita was a perfect addition to the menu!! So here is the humble raita for Day 6 of BM#6.


Cucumber Raita


Ingredients - 


Cucumber, Grated  1 (approximately 1 cup)
Yogurt/Curds 3-4 Cups
Salt as needed
Dried Mint Powder as needed
Chat Masala as needed
Jeera Powder as needed
Red Chilli Powder as needed
Coriander leaves for garnish (I didn't add)


Method Of Preparation - 


In a bowl, whisk the curds and add all the ingredients and mix well.


Cucumber Raita


Adjust the seasonings as needed and serve it with Pulao/Fried Rice.


If you have missed any of the recipes from the 'Cucumber Mela' of the current week, here they are..
Day 5 Kheera Dosa ~ Cucumber Dosa 
Day 4 Kheera Pachadi ~ Cucumber Chutney 
Day 3 Kheera Masala Vada ~ Cucumber Fritters 
Day 2 Kheera Koora ~ Cucumber Curry 
Day 1 Kheera Pappu ~ Cucumber Dal


Don't forget to check the details of my fellow marathoners...


Preparation time 8-10 min
Serves 3 Adults

Posted by Harini on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

16 comments

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. Yum, love all that sprinkled spice mix :)

     
  3. Priya Suresh Says:
  4. Thats a lovely bowl of delicious pachadi..

     
  5. Suma Gandlur Says:
  6. Looks colorful!
    Somehow I can eat raitas alone, especially I eat cucumber one as a snack. I don't need anything else other than cucumber pieces in a creamy raita.

     
  7. Very healthy and looks yummy.

     
  8. divya Says:
  9. looks awesome dear..lovely recipe.

     
  10. aipi Says:
  11. This is must have for me especially with Indian food :)
    US Masala

     
  12. Vardhini Says:
  13. I do cucumber raita the same way too .. love it with biriyani.

    Vardhini
    Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
    Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli

     
  14. Usha Says:
  15. This is one of my favorite raitas! I make it very often. I don't like plain yogurt and make raita as often as possible. I also eat it as a snack.

     
  16. Very delicious looking cucumber ratia .Wonderful preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

     
  17. Mélange Says:
  18. Splendid raita with the spices you add..love to have.

     
  19. Aarthi Says:
  20. so refreshing raita

     
  21. Jayashree Says:
  22. Very nice click.

     
  23. Unknown Says:
  24. hummm Raita my favorite I can enjoy this with rotiand biriyani too lookinh yumm.

     
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. hummm Raita my favorite I can enjoy this with rotiand biriyani too lookinh yumm.

     
  27. Srivalli Says:
  28. Looks so wonderful Harini..love these interesting keerai recipes..:)

     
  29. Degchi Says:
  30. Kheera raita is always refreshing.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory