In my pre-blogging days, I always thought that delicious, fluffy cakes need to be loaded with butter and eggs. Then a whole realm opened up with eggless baking and now fat free baking. I am sure there is a lot more to explore. This Pineapple cake is a very moist cake, ideal for breakfast or a snack or as an accompaniment to tea/coffee. The theme of 'Butterless Bakes for diet' in this edition of Blogging Marathon is definitely pushing me to experiment various types of cakes and this was by far the best in that category.


I happen to like the chunks of pineapple in bakes and this cake is no exception. Coffee or no coffee, this cake is a sheer joy to dig into!! The cinnamon-sugar topping is just so irresistible!! While I enjoy this piece of cake please check out the recipe for Day 4 of BM#7.


Fat Free Vegan Pineapple Cake


Recipe Source - here
Ingredients  -
Dry Ingredients - 
Rolled Oats 1/2 cup
Whole Wheat flour 1/2 cup
Sugar 1/4 cup
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Baking Soda 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp


Wet Ingredients - 
Water 1 1/2 Tbsp
Apple Cider Vinegar 1/2 Tbsp
Crushed Pineapple with juice 1/2 cup
Applesauce 1/3 cup (I used sweetened Cinnamon flavored)


Topping - 
Cinnamon 1 Tbsp (or as required)
Granulated Sugar 2 Tbsp (or as required)


Method Of Preparation - 


Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease the three ramekins (I used 1 cup capacity) by spraying oil.


Grind the oats to make a fine flour. Mix in wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.


Fat Free Vegan Pineapple Cake


In a separate bowl, mix in the wet ingredients. 


Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently mix until combined.


Don't over mix.  Transfer the batter into the three ramekins and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top.


Bake in the middle rack for about 25-30 min or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Allow to cool for 10-15 min and transfer onto a cooling rack. 


Enjoy with a cup of coffee if you please!!


Check here to know what my fellow marathoners are upto!


Linking this cake to Umm Mymomnah's 'Anyone Can Cook' , Priya and Aipi's ' Bookmarked Recipes - Every Tuesday (Volume 51) ' and to Pari's 'Only Baked' hosted by me.




Preparation Time 10 min + Baking Time 27 min  + Cooling Time 10 min 
Makes 3- 4 oz mini cakes

25 comments

  1. Unknown Says:
  2. wow, that sounds and looks superb and delicious :)

     
  3. Suma Gandlur Says:
  4. I am truly bookmarking this in my memory folder since I am not going to forget it since it is in your blog. :) I must say I have been looking for these kind of goodies during this BM. When people say no butter and load the recipe with oil or some other alternative, I see no point in calling it guiltfree.
    I was about to ask you that can I use quick oats and see that I can since oats are powdered. :)

     
  5. soujanya Says:
  6. Using oats is very appreciable.it will be a healthy breakfast.
    grt recipe..
    thanks for sharing..

     
  7. Awesome spongy texture... Can't believe it is Vegan..

     
  8. Pavani Says:
  9. Cake is looks moist & delicious, can never believe from the looks of it that it is vegan and fat free. Great recipe.

     
  10. Pineapple cake is Perfect! No wonder you got so many delightful comments !


    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

     
  11. divya Says:
  12. Slurp..drooling here.Its so yummy..

     
  13. Unknown Says:
  14. Wow!!!!Waiting for a vegan and fat free recipe .Thank you.

     
  15. Padmajha Says:
  16. Looks perfect!Vegan and fat free- absolute delight :)

     
  17. Umm Mymoonah Says:
  18. Yumm! Yumm! I love the every single thing in this recipe, thank you for linking with Any One Can Cook :)

     
  19. this is superb and excellent.

     
  20. Radhika Says:
  21. Love the crumbly texture of the cake. After the Kesari I'm going to give this a try.


    Event: Let's Cook – Subzis for Rotis

     
  22. They look awesome! I love pineapple flavor in my bakes too!

     
  23. That looks so moist and love the texture... Guilt free delicacy...

     
  24. Jane Says:
  25. Great recipe! Wouldn't mind trying it.

     
  26. Rekha shoban Says:
  27. yummy n perfect cake!!!

     
  28. Unknown Says:
  29. Love the texture....

     
  30. Kalyani Says:
  31. my my my !! That looks scrumptious.. I must say, Harini - this is one of the best oil free n guilt free bakes I have come across.. I dont have ramekins at hand now, do you think I could use individual Muffin moulds dear?

    Kalyani
    Indian Mithai Mela ending 8th Aug
    Dish it out- Mushroom and Onions – ending 31st July

     
  32. this shd hv tasted so yumm addition of apple sauce n pineapple juice shd hv made it heavenly..

     
  33. jayasree Says:
  34. I am drooling here. Healthy cake. As Suma asked, will quick cooking oats work in this.

     
  35. sheela Says:
  36. Hello,

    This is my first visit to your virtual kitchen:) I must say I enjoyed browsing thru your creative yummy recipe section. Wish I could cook such yummy food....I am pretty baic cook as of now.You can say I cook edible food ever since I have moved to USA from India. I am eager to learn new things and have few recipes of yours in mind to try. Will keep you posted of the outcomes:)

    Thanks for all the recipes
    sheela

     
  37. kankana Says:
  38. That sounds delicious. I always enjoy fruit in cake :)

     
  39. Aarthi Says:
  40. very moist and looks amazing

     
  41. Rujuta Says:
  42. The pics are seriously awesome..Completely drooling over them :)
    Bookmarked the recipe...
    Cake looks spongy and yummy...
    Happy Blogging
    Rujuta
    http://theworldaccordingtorujuta.blogspot.com/

     
  43. M A Says:
  44. Can I replace the oats with the regular flour or semolina?

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory