Oats-Vegetable Soup

For Day 3, Week 2 of BM #41, here is a very simple and no-nonsense kind of a soup which is very filling and comforting as well. So 'O' for Oats-Vegetable Soup. 

If you have noticed, all three of them (K for Kanchipuram Idli, V for Vegetable Jalfrezi, and 'O' for Oats-Vegetable Soup) are cooked in three different ways. The Idlis are steamed, the Jalfrezi is cooked on Stove Top and the Soup is made in the Microwave!

Originally I planned to make this soup for my dinner as I was more or less sure that they would make faces if I tell them about oats in soup. So I didn't want to offer the soup to the rest of the family. But just because the kids and the husband were looking on, I decided that I should let them taste a sip each. One sip led to another and ironically I was just left with a few sips for myself in the end!!

I have since made this soup regularly and trust me it is addictive if you can tolerate oats. In fact my husband who is an anti-Oats person didn't mind them at all in this soup!

Oats-Vegetable Soup

Ingredients - 

Rolled Oats 1/4 cup
Mixed Vegetables (Carrots, Edamame, Beans, Corn and Peas) 1 cup
Garlic 1 clove
Tomato Paste 1 tsp
Vegetable Stock 2 cups
Salt as needed
Sambar Powder 1/2 tsp (or to taste) (I used MTR Sambar Powder)
Pepper Powder as needed


Oats-Vegetable Soup

Method Of Preparation -

In a wide Microwave safe bowl, add all the ingredients, mix well and cook it for 3 minutes and stir.

Continue cooking in 1 minute intervals for upto 7-8 minutes and check the taste and consistency.

Adjust the flavors as preferred and enjoy with a few croutons!

Preparation Time 5 min + Cooking time 7 min
Serves 2
Posted by Harini R on Thursday, June 12, 2014

12 comments

  1. tis s a filling n a good one

     
  2. Kalyani Says:
  3. just what I need after my workout --- superb !

     
  4. Oats veg sop looks tasty and of course healthy as well !

     
  5. Priya Suresh Says:
  6. This soup looks wonderful and quick to make even through microwave, love to have that bowl.

     
  7. Real healthy and looks inviting M

     
  8. Sarita Says:
  9. Soup looks great! Very healthy recipe.. Yummm ..

     
  10. looks like one hearty bowl of soup...

     
  11. Pavani Says:
  12. What a hearty and delicious soup. yummy!!

     
  13. looks like one hearty bowl of soup...

     
  14. I dont think of oats in savory presentations unless it is bread - sure is a filling and fiber rich bowl of soup

     
  15. Oats in soup sound interesting and it does look pretty good. That is one innovative and delicious recipe if a non oats person like its it

     
  16. Suma Gandlur Says:
  17. Filling and healthy one.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory