Waffled Eggplant with Spaghetti

BM #67 Week 2 Day 1 -

This week I shall post some recipes which can be made in a waffle maker. That is my chosen appliance for this week. When I saw the theme which said that we need to make three recipes with a chosen appliance, it immediately got me thinking and I chose the waffle maker.

In fact, my older one did the research for me as I delegated to her the task of picking out the top three of her favorites which I can make in a waffle maker. Her top favorite turned out to be the Eggplant Parmesan. I have made another version of it here. This one is Eggplant Cheddar as I didn't have Parmesan in my pantry :).


Waffled Eggplant with Spaghetti

Recipe Inspiration from here
Ingredients - 

Big Eggplant 2 peeled and sliced (1/4 inch)
Flour 1 Tbsp + Milk 1/4 cup
Bread Slice 2 + Cheese 1/4 cup + Spices (Onion Powder, Garlic powder, Pepper, Red Chili Powder)
Spaghetti cooked as needed
Marinara Sauce and Cheese for serving as needed


Waffled Eggplant

Method Of Preparation -


Prepare the Flour + Milk and set aside.

Pulse the toasted bread slices, shredded cheese and spices and spread it on a serving plate.



Dip each slice in the Flour-milk mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs mixture.

Place it in the heated waffle iron, close and let it cook. Remove as per the instructions of the waffle maker and continue with the rest of the eggplant slices.

To serve these waffled eggplants, arrange cooked spaghetti in a plate, place a couple of these waffled eggplants, pour some marinara sauce and sprinkle cheese and enjoy! The adults enjoyed it with a spicy sauce and no spaghetti :)



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 67. 

Preparation Time 30 min
Makes 24 slices
Posted by Harini R on Wednesday, August 10, 2016

6 comments

  1. Wow ! That is a wonderful recipe ! Very interesting Harini , unique yaar .

     
  2. Srivalli Says:
  3. Awesome and Awesome...kudos to your daughter Harini..bingo on the super recipe and meets my high marks..lol..I have the waffle maker chosen too..

     
  4. Srividhya Says:
  5. whoa love the idea of waffled egg plants. amazing. kudos to your and to your daughter.

     
  6. Priya Suresh Says:
  7. Omg, this is fabulous and simply love the idea of waffling eggplants like this. Superb creation.

     
  8. Interesting choice of appliciance, Harini. I never would have guessed waffle maker would be a choice of appliance. Looking forward to your other waffle recipes. Waffled eggplant pasta looks good.

     
  9. Very interesting recipe and love the choice of appliance too.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory