Jowar Rava Kesari

BM #71 Week 2 Day 2 - 

For Day 2 of one pot meals, here is a delectable halwa which I pulled right out of my drafts. I had made this halwa when I was doing the Cooking Carnival in September 2016.  

I have since exhausted my stock of Jowar rava which I had got from my trip to India over the summer. I intend making the rava at home but that will have to wait for a better time :)

Ingredients - 

Jowar Rava 1 cup
Water 2 cups (Can be substituted with milk)
Sugar 3/4 cup
Butter 3 Tbsp
Cardamom Powder
Almonds, Cashews Coarsely Crushed 1/4 cup


Jowar Rava Kesari

Method Of Preparation -


Roast the jowar rava in a tablespoon of butter in a heated skillet until golden brown. 

Add water and bring to a boil, mixing it briskly to eliminate any lumps. Add more butter as needed.

Then add sugar, crushed almonds, cashews and cardamom powder.

Mix well until the sugar is dissolved. Cover and let it cook for a few minutes. It should take about 7-8 min to get done.

Garnish with roasted cashews and serve warm.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#71.

Preparation Time 20 minutes
Serves 4-5

6 comments

  1. Kalyani Says:
  2. healthy, hearty and tasty ! I might be making a trip down south so will check out if I get this Jowar rava (else you let me know how to make the same at home, deal :) :?)

     
  3. sushma Says:
  4. NIce and healthy kesari. Bookmarked

     
  5. Priya Suresh Says:
  6. Extremely tempting, kesari makes me drool.

     
  7. Pavani Says:
  8. I love using jowar rawa and this kesari is one of my absolute favorite. Yours looks so delicious.

     
  9. Jowar rava kesari looks delicious. It feels so good when you have a post in your drafts.

     
  10. Srivalli Says:
  11. Very interesting to make with jowar harini...must have tasted so good!

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory