Kairiche Panhe ~ Aam Ka panna

BM #63 Day 11 -

I understand that Aam ka Panna as this beverage is popularly called is made in a couple or more different ways. My Marathi friend says this is the process they use to make this. So I went ahead and prepared this beverage as per the method shown in this video.

I later talked to my MIL and she told me a totally different version of this which I am sure I will make and post here later in the summer :).

So far in this series..

Amti with Drumstick - Day 1

Bhopada (Laal) Ki Sabji - Red Pumpkin Curry - Day 2

Goda Masala - Day 7

Harbhara Ki Sabji - Day 8


Recipe Source here
Ingredients - 

Raw Mango 1 
Powdered Jaggery as needed
Black Salt as needed
Water and ice cubes as needed
Fresh Mint leaves for garnish


Kairiche Panhe ~ Aam Ka panna

Method Of Preparation -


Wash the mango and pressure cook for 15 minutes or 2-3 hisses.

Once the pressure cooker cools down, Remove the mango and peel the mango by just puling it apart. Scrape the flesh from the insides using a spoon.

Squeeze out the pulp without adding water. Mix in the required amount of powdered jaggery and black salt. Mash and mix well until the jaggery is incorporated.

Adjust the taste as needed. The concentrate is now prepared.

To serve add the concentrate, water, ice and mint leaves.

Mix well, adjust the flavors and enjoy the refreshing beverage!!




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63




Preparation Time 
Serves/Makes
Posted by Harini R on Wednesday, April 13, 2016

18 comments

  1. Refreshing drink for summer and will look forward to your MIL's version as well.

     
  2. Suma Gandlur Says:
  3. I haven't tasted aam ka panna till date but it sounds good and flavorful. I guess you and I need to wait a couple of months more to enjoy the chilled beverages.

     
  4. Pavani Says:
  5. That is one refreshing and flavorful Aam ka panna. Looks great.

     
  6. I never tasted Aam ka panna either, but it looks flavorful and refreshing.. Have to try this one:)

     
  7. Such a refreshing drink.Perfect for summer.

     
  8. Looks like a perfect drink for this scorching heat. Next time I buy mangoes, I am definitely trying this..

     
  9. I have had this Panna at my Maharashtrian friends place, yours is perfectly made.

     
  10. Srivalli Says:
  11. Sounds wonderful with jaggery..I have only made with sugar..good one and so inviting in this hot summer..

     
  12. I have never made panna with jaggery.This version looks refreshing and delicious.

     
  13. Srividhya Says:
  14. Perfect seasonal and summer drink. This is in my todo list for a long time. Need to try it out soon.

     
  15. Priya Suresh Says:
  16. Wow, feel like drinking some aam ka panna rite now, very refreshing.

     
  17. Smruti Ashar Says:
  18. I make my panna with sugar. Adding jaggery is a healthier option I guess. Should try it soon!!

     
  19. Unknown Says:
  20. Such a refreshing drink and perfect cooler for this hot summer.

     
  21. Very refreshing drink for the summer! Love the addition of jaggery.

     
  22. I still cant wrap my head around these savory Indian drinks but I am sure it would be refreshing on a hot summer day

     
  23. Kalyani Says:
  24. yummmmm ! perfect for the scorching heat outside :)

     
  25. Unknown Says:
  26. refreshing dish for the summer

     
  27. veena Says:
  28. Perfect drink for this summer.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory