BM #92 Day 5 - 

Edamame are the fresh soy beans which come in pods. I have used those fresh soy beans along with spices as a filling for this Edamame Paratha.

Now that we have covered 

A - Achari Aloo Paratha

B - Boondi Paratha

C - Cheeni Ka Paratha

D - Dal Paratha

the next letter is E for Edamame Paratha. When I was listing down the ingredients starting with E, my thoughts stopped at Eggplant and Eggs. Both of them don't work for me. On one grocery shopping instance, I was picking up some frozen corn when my eyes landed on frozen edamame pods. 

I froze for a second (pun intended!) and immediately picked up a pack of frozen edamame. I wanted to make this paratha on the lines of Green peas paratha (which I have not yet posted yet :)).

Check out the recipe while I prepare for tomorrow's letter F.


Ingredients - 

Wheat Flour 1 1/2 cups
Water as needed to knead the flour
Oil 1 tsp (optional - I didn't use it)
Salt as needed
For the Filling - 
Edamame 1/2 cup
Green chilies 2
Coriander leaves few
Cumin Seeds, Salt, Chaat Masala, Garam Masala as needed

Method Of Preparation -


To Prepare the filling - 
Steam the edamame for 5 minutes. Pulse the steamed edamame, green chilies and coriander leaves. Mix in salt, cumin seeds, chaat masala and garam masala. 

Set aside the filling. Ensure that no water is added.


To make the Paratha - 
Knead the chapati dough with the whole wheat flour, oil (if using) and salt with as much water as needed. Keep it covered for about 10-15 min.

Make 7-8 equal portions of the dough. 

Roll out small rotis, fill in a spoonful of the edamame mixture, close the edges and roll out the parathas taking care that the mixture doesn't fall out. 

Shallow fry on a griddle/tawa until both the sides are done spraying as much oil as needed. Repeat the procedure for all the parathas.


Enjoy with Yogurt or any gravy curries.


BMLogo


 Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 92




Preparation Time 30 minutes
Makes 7-8
Posted by Harini R on Thursday, September 6, 2018

13 comments

  1. Sowmya :) Says:
  2. Wow! I have never come across fresh edamame beans. Love that vibrant green colour. I am sure the parathas would have been delicious! Awaiting the green peas parathas....

     
  3. That is a wonderful idea Harini. The filling with the beans look so good and the paratha must taste so yum..

     
  4. These beans are so easily available here, but it has never occured to me to make parathas. Thanks for putting this idea in my mind

     
  5. Edamame is so delicious , but we don’t get it here ! What we get here is Vaal beans , which have a different taste . Great idea to use edamame in Paratha ! They look yum and perfectly made .

     
  6. Kalyani Says:
  7. Lovely pick for E , Harini n i am so admiring your paratha series this season. My husband is a great fan of Edamame and m sure he would love this stuffed flatbread

     
  8. code2cook Says:
  9. I am sure this edamame paratha must be tasting great. You filled up so nicely and perfectly rolled and cooked paratha. A great share harini. I am bookmarking this.

     
  10. Mayuri Patel Says:
  11. Beautiful green colour of the protein rich edamame. What an innovative recipe, to add edamame as a filling for parathas.

     
  12. Priya Suresh Says:
  13. Wish i get fresh edamame here, what a fabulous way to make parathas with it. What a fabulous and nutritious stuffing, ultimate they are.

     
  14. Srivalli Says:
  15. Fantastic pick and good that you froze for a moment..:)..peas paratha is great and this one must have tasted so good!

     
  16. CookwithRenu Says:
  17. Wow interesting find. I can understand it becomes so difficult with some letter and then you have the eureka moment.haha

     
  18. Padmajha Says:
  19. Such a nice pick for E. I will wait for winter when edamame will be available here. I too have never posted peas paratha,so planning to make both in winter:)

     
  20. That is a great innovative choice for the alphabet and such a nutritious filling to the paratha this is. I have not used edamame much, but this will be a great recipe to try.

     
  21. preeti garg Says:
  22. This paratha looks so healthy and protein rich.

     
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Tamalapaku


Follow me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tamalapaku on Facebook

Subscribe via Email


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner


On Our Menu









Archives

Followers

Member Of

All recipes are on Petitchef
Top Food Blogs
Blog Directory